Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Metal Detecting in Romania and Hungary for relics

Article about: Hello all, I usually go to Romania and Hungary for vacationing and I was wondering about if there are any places concerning WWII (battle fields, bunkers, e.g) where I can go metal detecting.

Peter Mihok
    ?

Default Metal Detecting in Romania and Hungary for relics

Hello all,

I usually go to Romania and Hungary for vacationing and I was wondering about if there are any places concerning WWII (battle fields, bunkers, e.g) where I can go metal detecting. I am looking for relic hunting places near the Romanian/Serbian border, Romanian Hungarian border, near Arad and Timisora. Any info is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hello Peter
    As of 01.01.2015 Hungary has kinda banned MD via a special law that requires a special authorisation from the Museum in Budapest to dig at any location in the country. Special permit is very hard to obtain and allowed only under particular circumstances thus rendering impossible MD there.

Romania law is permissive but only if you authorise your detector at the Police (1 detector / 1 person only) and if you are a citizen. I live in Romania and I am a WW2 digger in Nagyvarad/Oradea/Grosswardein. It is best not to detect as a foriegner and especially alone, communism has left its mark on the authorities. If you are a romanian citizen I can guide you how to register your detector.

Lincsregt
    ?

Hi Panzer VI, I am a UK citizen married to a Romanian citizen living in Romania, I have been given residency and have a certificate but is this enough to get a licence to metal detect in Romania? I would be grateful if you have any information that would help me with this. Many thanks in advance, Leighton

Hey Leighton

As said above the law allows only romanian citizens the right to obtain a permanent metal detecting permit because you are required to present (when requesting said permit) your romanian ID plus a criminal records file which you get from the local Police.

You can consult the different laws and Government ordnances here (get the Mrs. to help you translating

Ordinul Nr. 251/409/2275/M 115 din 31 mai 2004 pentru aprobarea Normelor tehnice privind detinerea si comercializarea detectoarelor de metale, Ordonanta Guvernului nr. 43/2000 privind protectia patrimoniului arheologic si declararea unor situri arheologice ca zone de interes national, Legea 182/2000 republicata in 2008 si Legea 422/2001 republicata in 2006.

Hope that helps

Salut poti sa ma indrumi si pe mine cum sa fac sa detectez {cu detectorul de metale :-)} in romania. Multumesc anticipat . P.s momentan sunt in Londra.

Evillkid

Please contact me via PrivMsg and I shall guide you further.

Regards