Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MG42 dug up (any problem in the shipping?)

Article about: From Germany to Spain, if i got it right! And I would buy all MG 42 at 150 euro! I think price of those items is "slighty" more!! I once bought a P08 that came in a simple brown en

Question MG42 dug up (any problem in the shipping?)

Hi all! first of all, sorry if this topic doesn't goes here, or is repeated.

I'm thinking in buy a digged up MG42 from Germany, it hasen't got defused certificate, but can't work again... the cannon barrel is removed, and things like that.

Would be any problem in the customs with it? is there any safe way to shipping to Spain that guarantee me that the MG will arrive without problems?

What would be a good price for this?

here goes some photos if they can help!

Thank you very much for all!!

Default Re: MG42 dug up (any problem in the shipping?)

That is a great looking piece that I know a lot of people would like to have. I can't imagine any customs officials confiscating a relic in that condition. It poses no threat, and is obviously not in working condition. I'm not really into relic pieces so I can't give you an accurate estimate, but I would guess $150-200 USD (120-160 euros) at least that is around what I would pay. I bet they are pretty rare, especially to find for sale online.

Corey

?

You need to find out what the law is in Spain with regard to items like this , possesion of and importation into the country , many countries are different and possesion can be very different in European countries to the States !! certainly if the MG was seized by customs you could end up having to answer some questions , but then again maybe not it does depend on the laws in your country !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Take your car, drive to Germany and get it yourself ??

Quote by Dutch Collector View Post
    Take your car, drive to Germany and get it yourself ??
    That's what I'd do. It looks to be a great relic and I would want to be certain that it arrives safely. Good luck!

that looks amazing

?

Defo follow the advice above about checking your local laws concerning relics like these.
    Even if you can easily move it inside the EU in the boot of your motor, which might in itself be illegal to do, doesnt mean you cant land in how water later.

Believe it or not in some countries a relic like this would technically be illegal to own and you would be persecuted with the full force of the law regarding possession of an illegal firearm (fused together or not, barrel or no barrel).

One very strict country demands, this relic to be split in half lengthwise and only one half displayed on the wall. The other half to be destroyed - no exceptions (yes, unfortunately this is so).

mpw
    ?

What country is this?

Mark.

If you can find a clandestine way to get it into the country than do that. Of course you run the risk of getting caught, but let's face it, what really are the odds of getting caught??? The less information you volunteer to the authorities the better.

?

Lets not encourage such behaviour

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast