Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Mouse's next site (and Jays)

Article about: ****ing hell ! This site is turning out to be amazing ,

Default Re: Mouse's next site (and Jays)

Here ya go Jay.......your pictures

Very nice German flare cartridge by the way !

?

Thumbs up Re: Mouse's next site (and Jays)

Cheers Steve !

It's German? What the hell is all the German stuff doing on a RAF base in southern England ? I love this hobby!

?

I wanted to ask the same question, I cant see any reason to have a german flare on site unless it was dropped by aircraft to guide a bombing strike

?

awesome dig gotta love that cap badge Jay

Well what the hell were the teller mine fuzes doing there, let alone the flare cart !!!

I am sure it's German. I can make out part of the word on the body.... 'patrone'

Any markings on the cutlery ? WD arrow ? RAF crest ? NAAFI crest ? Date ?

Very awesome but, at the same time, weird site. It's my birthday next friday (27th). Fancy taking me there as a prezzie ?

?

The flare cartridge has the name auchpatrone and the date 1941 on it and the cutlery is all dated between 1941-1943 , one has the wd arrow and the rest are all air ministry marked . It is a strange but fascinating site and you really don't know what the next signal on the detector will bring .

Oh and I found out what the drill rounds are that you cant see as the pictures wouldn't upload. They are rounds made my Triang toys. They made practice peices that where hollow made out of a cast peice of Zinc. Completly unmarked. They made them in .30-06, 9mm, .45 and 20mm. Now we have found all but the 9mm and 20mms! Please let there be a load of 20mm ones on site!

Will be hopefully popping up there tomoz if I can convince the wife to have a search about with me.

Will take a new pic of the Triang rounds tomoz with the stuff I find if I get to go out and play

DM

love it! cant wait for the follow up

?

I saw the Triang toys rounds at W&P ,proper funky things lol

?

Several points about this;

The signal cartridge case actually says "Rauchpatrone", which is German for "Smoke Cartridge".

It is unlikely to have been dropped by a German aircraft as it is only the cartridge case, which remains in the aircraft, and not the flare/smokepot itself. It is much more likely to be a souvenir from a downed German aircraft.

BTW, it was I who identified the Lines Brothers (Triang Toys) drill rounds for you at W & P. Attached is a picture of the .30. 9mm and .45 ACP examples from my collection. ( I don't collect 20mm)

Regards
    TonyE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mouse's next site (and Jays)  
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast