MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Much Hadham man finds Second World War camp in his back garden

Article about: Very intresting Hertfordshire Local News & Hertfordshire Events News | News From Hoddesdon, Broxbourne, Cheshunt, Waltham & Royston | Much Hadham man finds Second World War camp in h

Last edited by Whitehunter; 08-21-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Default re: Much Hadham man finds Second World War camp in his back garden

Thats a very interesting story, well spotted mate. It makes me think that the people on the forum could help him out with id's on his finds, advice about preservation etc. Its just a suggestion but he probably doesn't know about this forum, so if we could contact him and let him know it'd be mutually beneficial. We'd see the story and finds and we can offer the forums expertise and help.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Default re: Much Hadham man finds Second World War camp in his back garden

Theres contact information at the bottom of that page, I'll drop him an email and let him know about the forum

Thanks

Danny

hadham
    ?

Default Re: Much Hadham man finds Second World War camp in his back garden

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Thats a very interesting story, well spotted mate. It makes me think that the people on the forum could help him out with id's on his finds, advice about preservation etc. Its just a suggestion but he probably doesn't know about this forum, so if we could contact him and let him know it'd be mutually beneficial. We'd see the story and finds and we can offer the forums expertise and help.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    HI ~ My name is richard maddams, im mentioned in the newspaper article you have posted about on this forum~ Im part of the team looking at the Army/p.o.w camp at wynches in much hadham~ glad to hear you are interested~ If you havent yet contacted 'Dave' if would be great you can contact me at 81 windmill way much hadham, herts, sg10 6bq~ we have several Dog tags we would like help and advice on~ they were given to allied pows in a number of stalag camps~ by their number i dont think they were english soldiers, have a hunch they were Indian/Gurkah~ anyway if you write to me i will send you the full details~ too much i feel to put on this forum at the mo!! ~Cheers, Richard

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum! Great to have you on board.

Cheers, Ade.

djjm
    ?

hi my name is dave and i have been digging much hadham camp for the last year and have been told you guys can help identify what i have found so far. any help would be great

Welcome to the forum to you too!

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by djjm View Post
    hi my name is dave and i have been digging much hadham camp for the last year and have been told you guys can help identify what i have found so far. any help would be great
    Great work you have been doing If you perhaps start a new thread and photograph the main items of interest to you I'm sure someone will be able to identify some of the pieces

Thanks and welcome to the forum

Danny

Welcome Dave and Richard! You have coe to the right place. There are many people here who will make your work easier by helping to identify items as well as research provenance and personalities attached to them. You will be amazed by how many knowledgeable and friendly people frequent this forum.

I look forward to seeing some of your finds.

George

djjm
    ?

thanks but bear with me not good on computers. will get photos uploaded shortly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast