Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My best find in Britain

Article about: Ah, who am I kidding? Its my best find full stop! I was walking round the site of an old RAF HQ and saw the butt of this sticking out of a clump of earth next to a load of old sardine cans (

Default My best find in Britain

Ah, who am I kidding? Its my best find full stop! I was walking round the site of an old RAF HQ and saw the butt of this sticking out of a clump of earth next to a load of old sardine cans (i'm guessing it was the dump). My thinking is that it was a souvenir that outlived its usefulness when the blade broke. Anyway I think its in pretty good nick considering its age.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My best find in Britain   My best find in Britain  

My best find in Britain  

Default Re: My best find in Britain

Great find, Im sure there were not many gravity knifes found in the uk in relic condition, you must be tickled pink!!!!

Nice find! I'd love a Luftwaffe gravity knife, but can't find a good 'un over here, and there's no chance of importing one. Yours looks like the later non takedown type made by Paul Weyersberg? Is the little stickbird still visible on the marlin spike?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Nice find!

Nice find, you don't see these FJ gravity knives dug up in Britain often I would think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Cheers for the replies. I definitely had to do a double take on this one. At first I thought it was a stanley knife with the blade broken like that! Big Ned, there is a mark on the spike but I can't see what it is. And you are correct about the maker! Nice work!