Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

My detector finds

Article about: I went looking for the RMC labels but only found what you see below, Not a bad selection for a couple of hours on a very plesent day today. There are 2 28 bore full brass shotgun shells, unu

Default My detector finds

I went looking for the RMC labels but only found what you see below, Not a bad selection for a couple of hours on a very plesent day today.
    There are 2 28 bore full brass shotgun shells, unusual to find these as they were usually re- filled. 3 9mm. cases, all stamped RE 42. 1 30 30 case stamped RO 43. 6 .300 rimless rounds for P 17 Rifle, the fired ones stamped DEN 42, the live one stamped TW 43. One 12 bore shotshell base. one button ,one boot heel plate. one round disc that I like to think has a bullet hole in it.and not shown, a golf ball, one cartridge base measuring 1 5/8th. John.
    Pictures to follow, very slow tonight.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My detector finds  

Default Re: My detector finds

nice little selection of finds thats the kind of stuff I find at the places I've went to

Thanks

Danny

Not a bad haul at all Blackpowder

Shame you didn't find any of those RMC tags......they always crop up in batches I've found.

Seeing as you have an M1 carbine cartridge case, is there a reason you've assumed the .30's are for a P17 ? The M1 round indicates use of American weapons so they could be Springfield or Garand rounds.

Steve T

Steve, there was a lot of home guard activity up on these cliffs before the Americans took over the huts and set up a coastal gun overlooking Lyme Bay. I think that there must have been a rifle range about 500 yards from the last huts because all the spent rounds and the RMC lables come from around there. I really enjoyed my couple of hours up there. John.