Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My dug-ups

Article about: Hi guys, here are a few pictures of my relics that i have been digging up in the last months. I have many more findings and pictures, but I will post them later in this tread. All these reli

kc1
    ?

Wasnt you trying to get on eurostar the other day then causing the service to be canceled whilst bomb disposal came out to play

I have made some determination post but I didn't cancel any of it? And I never posted on Eurostar. No, my initial question was, before I determinated the type of this projectile still was dangerous, because it was empty without detonater, but I dindt know of it was safe. It is not allowed to have this projectile in your home, but I thought, if this shell is not dangerous anymore, than I dont have to waste the time of the police and the bomb disposal squad. So, I have called a friend of mine. He has a licence to collect inert muntion and he really knows much about it. So, within a second he said no this one is definetely not dangerous anymore. So I said, okay you may have it because I am not allowed to collect this stuff, because I dont have a licence for this. So, he cleaned it and took it with him, the only thing that I have are the pictures of it. Still nice to find this one, never found this type before.

EDIT

I found out Eurostar is the train haha lol I thought that you meanad an other forum.

A few days ago I found this live American ww2 bazooka rocket. It is from the M1A1 bazooka. I also found a new MG spot, there were like thousands and thousands of iron rusted casing in the ground, the upper 10 cm of the soil was just casing! Unfortanetely it was getting dark so I dont have proper pictures of that, but I will go back to that spot in a few days and then I will take some more pictures and explore the MG nest properly. Only thing I thook now was the lid of a MG ammo box, the other part of the box was to rusted so I left it there.

My dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-ups

I have put the 8.8 cm pzgr 39 that I recently found on a 8.8 cm flak casing that I bought. It is dated 1942. Very happy with the result. On the picture you can see the 8.8 round in comparision with a Brittish 25 pounder smoke round. Note, these two beauties are standing in the house of someone who has a license to collect inert munition and not in my own house anymore!

My dug-ups

A while ago I visited the Somme for a week. It was very impressive. Made a few pictures. Of course I didn't bring my detector with me because it is very illegal overthere, but I walked over some plowed fields and did manage to find some interesting stuff. The bottem part of a German stielhandgranate with some wood of the stick still atached and the grip of a colt new service .455 are the most impressive finds. Also a lot of shells as you can see.

My dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-ups

I am actually amazed your wife lets you use the kitchen sink for cleaning.

My dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-ups

Nice Mills bomb which I found recently. Very nice condition.

My dug-upsMy dug-upsMy dug-ups

British life jacket I found, very rare.

Is the plug still in the front of the mills grenade? if so it could still have TNT in it

Yes, it was full of amatol filling, but it has been deactivated by a professional munition expert, so now it is empty All the yellow powder is gone. I gave it to him, because I don't have a license to collect munition.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast