Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first finds (well, 20 years ago)

Article about: Thank you to all for your interest! Here are a couple of closeups of the pocketwatch. It is marked "Jacco Sevrette", a maker that I can not find any information on. I believe it is

?

Default My first finds (well, 20 years ago)

About 20 years ago, I lived in Germany near a small battlefield. I had a small book written about the fight, so I tried to locate the main battle area and check it out with my detector. I found what I thought was the correct spot and started searching. After 30 minutes and not even finding a button, I was ready to go home and rethink my search.

However, before I left, on a whim, I stuck my detector inside the trunk of an old tree that had been cut down. I got a tone and brushed away the dirt and pulled out this:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first finds (well, 20 years ago)   My first finds (well, 20 years ago)  

?

Default Re: My first finds (well, 20 years ago)

I contiued to search the site for a few more weeks usually coming up on a Sunday with some friends. However, once, I came up by myself and saw an odd depression in the ground. It looked man-made so I started to search it. This what the depression looked like:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first finds (well, 20 years ago)  

?

And here are a few of the finds from that hole:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first finds (well, 20 years ago)  

?

I did finally find the main battle site and brought several hundred rounds of ammo, several pounds of shell splinters and a few more items. These that I have posted I thought were the most interesting however. Hope you enjoyed seeing them!

Awesome finds mate , we here that love this digging for relics find all bits interesting i think , well i know i do , so if you have any more pics i for one would love to see them , cheers mate Raymond

Erick,

Fantastic finds! More....more!
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Awesome finds mate....truly awesome !

Steve T

Quote by BEAST View Post
    And here are a few of the finds from that hole:

Hello Welcome!! Truly great finds. That must have been exciting to find these, especially the P38. Was the gun loaded when found?

I think the other items are very special also. I think possibly they are from a US POW that might have escaped. I say this as the knife is a US "Ka-Bar" style knife, with US style scabbard, the tag is a POW tag, and the watches look possibly American. Does the knife or watches have any visible maker marks still?

Regards, Steve

Awesome, Awesome finds you got there, I woud give my right arm for the walther

Pretty neat things you have there. Now, you said that this was a small battlefield once and that you do have a book written on it. What's the story of the place, what actually happened there? I wonder what else one could come up with if you kept on looking.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast