Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MY grandfather in JR24 on the Eastern front Karelia

Article about: Hello! First I must say to MR Andrey from Murmansk , that is digging and doing so much research of military history, keep on your work very impressive, and in very beatiful nature. My Grandf

Default MY grandfather in JR24 on the Eastern front Karelia

Hello! First I must say to MR Andrey from Murmansk , that is digging and doing so much research of military history, keep on your work very impressive, and in very beatiful nature.

My Grandfather fought in the finnish regiment JR 24 , he was stationed on the karelian front close to Viborg. He survived.

Here are his medals , soldiersbook and photos.

Best U
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MY grandfather in JR24 on the Eastern front Karelia   MY grandfather in JR24 on the Eastern front Karelia  

MY grandfather in JR24 on the Eastern front Karelia   MY grandfather in JR24 on the Eastern front Karelia  

MY grandfather in JR24 on the Eastern front Karelia   MY grandfather in JR24 on the Eastern front Karelia  

Default Re: MY grandfather in JR24 on the Eastern front Karelia

Thank you for showing the photos from your Grandfather.
    Regards, Simon.

?

very interesting pictures, thanks for sharing
    Regards

Matt

Hi "U" welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your grandfather's photos and medals. There were many brutal fronts in the war, but thankfully your grandfather survived one of the worst. Did you ever have the opportunity to talk to him about his experiences during the war? If you did, I would certainly try to maintain a written history for future family members.

Jay

Hello! Thanks for the replies. Yes I tried to talk to him about it but not much came out. So I search for other veterans that fought together with him , they recocnized some of the men on pics and could tell me about it so I have little info.

Best U

Quote by undu562 View Post
    Hello! First I must say to MR Andrey from Murmansk , that is digging and doing so much research of military history, keep on your work very impressive, and in very beatiful nature.

My Grandfather fought in the finnish regiment JR 24 , he was stationed on the karelian front close to Viborg. He survived.

Here are his medals , soldiersbook and photos.

Best U
    Thanx for warm words!!!
    But I'm from Noth Karelia.
    Cheers

Andrey
    Last edited by Karell Gott; 05-20-2010 at 07:46 PM.