Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

My last weekends biggest founds

Article about: Very nice indeed!!!

?

Default Re: My last weekends biggest founds

Seems that most stuff and also front axle belongs to Sd.Kfz. 251 Ausf. D. and wheel is half from Panzer III roadwheel.

?

some more: wheel is from panzer III
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My last weekends biggest founds   My last weekends biggest founds  

My last weekends biggest founds   My last weekends biggest founds  

My last weekends biggest founds   My last weekends biggest founds  

?

From my first view something told me that this was found in that area. Nice 82 mm Soviet mortar...
    I did some trips to that area about 5 years ago - exactly to the old road in the forest, where beginns a road over the swamp. There I've found some wheels from an heavy gun, and a lot of different ammo. Nice and interesting positions from 1941 year. I plan with a forum member Plekkpea once to visit that places.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dimas, that sounds like a good expedition. Looking forward to the thread that follows it!

Martyn.

?

More interesting finds Nemps.

Dim you'll have to take the Robo to carry away these AFV pieces !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Those vehicles probably belonged to 11. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division „Nordland“. Local resident pointed for me some places on the map, from where those finds came and said that there were 7 tanks and only 2 passed through the swamp... but in soviet times they ended up in scrap metal, but there is possibility that one of them is still there somewhere ... The places where tanks were are probably well known and are well cleaned out, from one place where one tank was we managed only recover two track links, there was also a huge pile of bent and rusty metal pieces but nothing to take home with. The other place where 4 tanks were matches to description of Dimas but I have never been there, because swamp is not good place in summer, but i plan to visit it in late autumn. Still I think that this place is also very well known and I do not make big expectations. But in common this region has still much to offer and I anxiously waiting for spring when there is no long grass, not too hot and no blood sucking bugs.

You carry on nemps. Any recovery is a small victory! Well done so far.

Martyn.

?

We spent the day today with a friend in the forest again. In first half hour a friend of mine found two Panzer roadwheels and the rest of the day we spent getting them out of the woods.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My last weekends biggest founds   My last weekends biggest founds  

My last weekends biggest founds  

HOLY CRAP !!!

Totally AWESOME finds ! I bet it took hours pushing them through the undergrowth ! Good job.

Steve T

?

It took about 2 hours pushing and pulling to get single wheel out of woods.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast