Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My small but odd buckle collection

Article about: Over the years I have picked up various and sundry relics from places. In fact I will admit that a good relic from an ID's site means more to me than a pristoine example. So one day I was th

jgawne
    ?

Default My small but odd buckle collection

Over the years I have picked up various and sundry relics from places. In fact I will admit that a good relic from an ID's site means more to me than a pristoine example. So one day I was thnking about if there was something reasonable I could collect as relics from different places. I first considered fired cartidges as they are common enough, and I thought it would be cool to have examples from around the world! (maybe I will do this someday)

But in looking at my stash of stuff it hit me: belt Buckles! There are different kinds, are a kind of unique personal item but so rare as a pistol or knife or dogtag, and people that dig seem to always have some extras.

The thing is most relics lose their provanace very quickly and hence become 'hunks of metal'. And some folks (some well known) sell everything found in any corner of the world as from "Normandy or Stalingrad." (Do you know how hard it is to get a legit Stalingrad buckle from a trusted source?)

But I decided that any I pick up I need to know at least the campaign if not a more detailed descritpion of the finding location. And I even got interested in the various states of decay of them.

So one day when I had a free minute I slapped this page up. maybe someone will enjoy it.

My Amazing Belt Buckle Collection

Its just for fun.

?

Default Re: My small but odd buckle collection

A very nice collection, thanks for showing!