Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Nazi War Diggers back again !!

Article about: Sadly after all the furore around the horrendous Nazi war Diggers programme two years ago featuring Craig Gottleib and our former modereator Steve T that led to the show being withdrawn by N

Hello,

This show is in very bad form and bad taste. I was shocked when it first came out and shocked that it is rearing its ugly head once again. There is absolutely no redeeming mater in this show. It casts all collectors, and especially collectors of ground dug items, in a horrendous light. Would it be acceptable to have your parent, grandparents, sibling or other family members remains handled like this? Absolutely not. I recommend every buddy that is able to call the station, the news agency, the promoter and complain, and complain again. This is truly disgusting.

Fred

Quote by big ned View Post
    The first two links are blocked in the U.K.
    Ned, I think these two screen captures provide the crux of the "professionalism" that was shown in the first two links:

It's hard to tell in the photo, but the excavator is tearing up the floor of the dugout/bunker (or whatever the proper term for one of those wooden boxed in foxholes is). They found a nice hatchet, and were pretty excited about that though....

Quote from the same video as the excavation as some "black diggers" wait in a car for them to be done so they can move in and get the leftover relics:

"Black diggers contaminate a crime scene, and you just lose all sense of history because they're only concerned about one thing, profit. It's not history. Get the artifact out of the ground and history be damned, sell it. And, I have a problem with that." - Craig Gottleib

Then proceed to rip up the site with an excavator and get stoked about all the cool stuff you find.

Shame to see this, it breaks a true collector s heart

Why is this guy wearing a helmet, not funny at all
    Quote by avenger View Post
    Ned, I think these two screen captures provide the crux of the "professionalism" that was shown in the first two links:

It's hard to tell in the photo, but the excavator is tearing up the floor of the dugout/bunker (or whatever the proper term for one of those wooden boxed in foxholes is). They found a nice hatchet, and were pretty excited about that though....

Jan
    ?

Below is a link to "The Pipeline" (summing things up from the archaeological point of view...)

ROLLING NEWS: “NAZI WAR DIGGERS” GETS UK TV DEBUT ON CHANNEL FIVE AS “BATTLEFIELD RECOVERY” – thePipeLine

Best,

Jan

Quote by Craig Gottleib View Post
    "Black diggers contaminate a crime scene, and you just lose all sense of history because they're only concerned about one thing, profit. It's not history. Get the artifact out of the ground and history be damned, sell it. And, I have a problem with that." - Craig Gottleib
    Frightening to hear a comment so far left that it comes up on its on right side.

Just my opinion of course
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here it is!

Warm Regards,

Justin

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Frightening to hear a comment so far left that it comes up on its on right side.

Just my opinion of course
    A comment like this from Craig Gottleib , you just couldn't make it up !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

His opinions have always been convenient to his position in all matters. Dont know if this show will hit here but they may edit it a bit to pacify people with scruples.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast