Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Nazi War Diggers back again !!

Article about: Sadly after all the furore around the horrendous Nazi war Diggers programme two years ago featuring Craig Gottleib and our former modereator Steve T that led to the show being withdrawn by N

?

Default Nazi War Diggers back again !!

Sadly after all the furore around the horrendous Nazi war Diggers programme two years ago featuring Craig Gottleib and our former modereator Steve T that led to the show being withdrawn by Nat Geo it appears to have been sold to Channel 5 retitled as Battlefield Recovery and will hit UK screens at 9pm on the 9th January.

I am sure that the Military History and Archaeology world will again be up in arms for all the reasons that led to it not being aired before.

Very sad that these people just couldn't let this go , did they think that with a new title we were all too stupid to realise it was the same programme !

ClearStory - Battlefield Recovery
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Channel 5 and Channel 4 are always broadcasting the dregs. You only have to look at Celebrity Big brother for instance. Diarrhea TV

I wasn't aware of this show. What was the furor regarding?

Also, and I hope this will be received as a genuine question, as when it comes to battlefield digs this is something that confuses me when people post them to the forum. Some posts are well regarded, others are not. As what they post is concerned, I cannot tell from the photos any difference between the two, and in all cases clearly the items found are being showcased despite the fact these are also graveyards. So, I'm guessing there's a code among battlefield diggers that I'm not aware of (perhaps due to being in the US and am a bit ignorant on the topic)? What separates one battlefield digger from another?

Paul-
    In the corporate world, greed always trumps morals. Sad but that is the world we live in these days.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The programme was catastrophic for Steve T. He had to go into the National Geographic Presenters Protection Scheme and was last heard of as eking out an existence as "Janet T", an organist in a Spiritualist church reputedly out in the wilds of the west country.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by avenger View Post
    I wasn't aware of this show. What was the furor regarding?

Also, and I hope this will be received as a genuine question, as when it comes to battlefield digs this is something that confuses me when people post them to the forum. Some posts are well regarded, others are not. As what they post is concerned, I cannot tell from the photos any difference between the two, and in all cases clearly the items found are being showcased despite the fact these are also graveyards. So, I'm guessing there's a code among battlefield diggers that I'm not aware of (perhaps due to being in the US and am a bit ignorant on the topic)? What separates one battlefield digger from another?
    If you read through some of the threads in this section it should clear up where the lines are drawn !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Okay, saw a promo video where Craig Gottlieb is holding a bone up to his arm, I guess to show where it might have come from. Wow.....okay. Enough said.

?

Fury over the National Geographic channel historians digging up WWII graves | Daily Mail Online

- - ------- - -

Historians in the loosest sense of the word i'm afraid !!

1st July 1916

?

Regards,
    John

Thanks Paul. That pairs with the video I've been watching regarding the show and why people were upset. I guess I expected Nat Geo would go to extra lengths to make sure human remains would be given a lot of respect and proper handling. I guess I assume too much that people would approach this sort of thing in the same vein we would.

This sounds like it could have been a very positive show, which makes it all the more keen of a disappointment.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast