Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Need help to ID relic casings

Article about: So my first MD find here in Moldova were this casings, the question is, are they from WW2? There is no markings on them. Maybe someone knows what ammo it is and what weapon they were used fo

?

Default Need help to ID relic casings

So my first MD find here in Moldova were this casings, the question is, are they from WW2? There is no markings on them.

Maybe someone knows what ammo it is and what weapon they were used for? Would be great for me to know.

Attachment 573243

Attachment 573244

Attachment 573245

Attachment 573246

Attachment 573247

Also.. Does anyone know what these 2 things could be? I found them in the same area this weekend.

This one is really heavy:
    Attachment 573248

Attachment 573249

Maybe something from an ammo box?
    Attachment 573250

?

What is the length of the cases in millimetres? Could be 7.62x54r Russian,just a guess......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

My bet would be 7,62x54r too.

?

Thanks for your answers. I looked everywhere and I can't find the ruler, I'll buy a new one tommorow and take new pictures

?

Hello my friend,

It's 7.62x54R rounds. Most likely for the Mosin rifle. Good to see you have been out and finding something!

I can't figure out the heavy object. The "ammo box" thing could be part of a magazine follower or part of a "stripper clip" for rifle ammo. Can you put something in for size

Cheers

?

Btw. If you try and clean some of the rounds you just might be able to read factory and year stamps. They are placed very far out on the rim. Not like German rounds. Also not all Mosin rounds have stamps...

?

Hello my friend! Thanks, I will make a seperate post about my expedition later on. The casings are in such bad condition that it's impossible to make out any markings on the rim. I think I can make out a "3" and then another number that I can't see on one of them.

Here is a photo of the "ammo box part" with a 1 euro coin.

Attachment 573282

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Hello my friend,

It's 7.62x54R rounds. Most likely for the Mosin rifle. Good to see you have been out and finding something!

I can't figure out the heavy object. The "ammo box" thing could be part of a magazine follower or part of a "stripper clip" for rifle ammo. Can you put something in for size

Cheers
    I fount out what the "heavy object" is! It's a weight to keep a fishing net down..

?

I am quite sure now that the "thing" is some part of a magazine. Maybe part of a Mag follower mechanism. Not 100% though Maybe it's Mosin related. Don't forget to send me a PM with a link when you make the separate thread

Cheers