Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

new airfield dump found

Article about: Thanks Steve

Default Re: new airfield dump found

Nice find

Hi simon,
    Well done mate nice finds, i do like the stopper though havent seen any of those.
    dave.

Damn Luckystrike right again!! iv just had a reply from the brewery,they had to drill out all of their bottle tops after the rise of the Nazis. I wont ever doubt you again

Luckystrikes knowledge of beer bottles is legendary. He takes it so seriously his fridge is full of them.

a couple of finds that iv finally got around to cleaning.I wont pretend to know what the threaded piece is though
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture new airfield dump found   new airfield dump found  

thought id post a find, not sure what it is and thus whether its worth trying to clean up.looks like a bracket or mount of some kind,probably not aero,what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture new airfield dump found   new airfield dump found  

new airfield dump found   new airfield dump found  

new airfield dump found   new airfield dump found  

Last edited by cornishboy; 08-08-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Oh and a stopper for luckystrike. embossed war grade.

Last edited by cornishboy; 08-08-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Hi Cornishboy,
    It sounds like you've been busy again, good on you.
    I dont know why but I cant see your pictures all I get for each post is as shown below?, and clicking to enlarge sadly doesn't seem to work either....

'Oh and a stopper for luckystrike. embossed war grade'

Click to enlarge the picture

For reference, The War Grade vulcanite (a rubber and clay mixture) stoppers have a little scoop out of the top to save on raw materials, ie take that scoop out of 10 stoppers and you've got enough to make an eleventh. I also understand that the mixture of the vulcanite compound may also have altered during the war reducing the rubber and increasing the clay.

All the best
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Thanks Lucky,i uploaded my post just before the migration,im guessing they got lost along the way,so iv reloaded them.I have noticed that all my previously uploaded pics arent on this thread or in my folder either.....HELP!
    Last edited by cornishboy; 08-08-2011 at 08:15 AM.

The big lump of stuff you've got needs a smack with a hammer. Once you have smashed off the outer layer of crap, the object may be more readily identifiable. At the minute it's just a lump of stuff ! (And yes, I am serious when I say smack it with a hammer.......i do this quite regularly to remove the heavy outer layer of crud).

If your pictures have disappeared, please PM Dimas to let him know. It may be that some stuff got lost on the migration that he doesn't know about.

Cheers

Steve T

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast