Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

new airfield dump found

Article about: Thanks Steve

Default Re: new airfield dump found

Quote by cornishboy View Post
    thought id post a find, not sure what it is and thus whether its worth trying to clean up.looks like a bracket or mount of some kind,probably not aero,what do you think?
    I found one of these too its a component of a pre war naval ship

Thanks onaway,just got back from a week away thought id catch up! interesting to think it might be off a spit
    Brataccas thanks for the reply,i had given up on that old hunk of metal,but you suprise me.Do you have any more info on which part it may have had use?

Quote by cornishboy View Post
    a few pickings for you but what is the white plastic item,please dont tell me its for blowing bubbles!
    The white thing is an insulator for a communications Antenna.

Mike

Iv manged to unfold that piece of ali in the previous picture and gIve it a clean.Didnt notice until i had to move it from ontop of the 1000 tiles i have to put on the roof that its got some stamps tell me something,is my luck changing?? can anyone tell what these marks mean?

2 0 1 2 3 C

L/A 121 15
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture new airfield dump found   new airfield dump found  

Cannot tell you exactly but they are aircraft manufacturers inspection stamps.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Well, it's aircraft alloy. The longer number will be a part number. If it is stamped with an aircraft make, the ID number will carry a prefix. Here is a link that you need to save to your favorites....

Aviation Archaeology- Part Number Prefix By Aircraft Type

Here's another link that you need to save, slightly differnet information but important as the above when you dig up the kind of stuff you do.....

USAAS-USAAC-USAAF-USAF Aircraft Serial Numbers--1908 to Present

The number in the circle is the manufacturers inspection stamp. Paul B may be able to help ID exactly who it refers to.

Finally, here is a link to RAF serials....

UK Serials

That should keep you going for a while.

Steve T

PS Git

Thanks Ade, Blimey Steve thats a lot of reading,will have a look in a mo when i get 5.Thanks for the help.oh talking of help Steve,thought you were meant to be on your way?

I did set off but realised all I knew about you was that you lived in Cornwall and are in the building industry. Kinda hard to make sure I'm abusing the right person really, and builders don't normally take kindly to being randomly abused.

Anyway, it was about time you had a truly awesome find.......we did tell you it would happen eventually.

Steve T

Oops !

Forgot.

Git.

Steve,thank you so much for the link on the US aircraft,so interesting!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast