Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New finds. PTRD and Maxim MG

Article about: Thanks a lot Ade Another good pointer. Lars

?

Default New finds. PTRD and Maxim MG

Hello there.

One of the lads from our team have found these two relic guns 2 meters down. He wants to sell them, but we are a little uncertain of their value. The Maxim is pretty much intact. It even still has some of the paint on it. Mechanism of course does not operate, and i think it is safe to say it will never fire one single round again. The PTRD bolt is missing. Barrel is straigt and all wood is gone. Bipod is partly intact. Can anyone help with a estimate on the value on these two? Also, it is nice just to show finds

We will start to clean them as soon we can find a place to do it, where temp is not -15 -20 Celcius

Thanks a lot.

New finds. PTRD and Maxim MGNew finds. PTRD and Maxim MGNew finds. PTRD and Maxim MG

New finds. PTRD and Maxim MGNew finds. PTRD and Maxim MGNew finds. PTRD and Maxim MG

?

Default Re: New finds. PTRD and Maxim MG

22 views. No one "dares" to say anything?

No idea on values but that PTRD is pretty cool.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    No idea on values but that PTRD is pretty cool.
    Think so too. Yes it's really hard to judge what those items could be worth. I guess it depends on the "would be" buyer. They will most likely be sold here in Russia. The shipping must be really hard on the wallet on both. The Maxim is 27kg... We all have our preferences in collecting. Pesonally i prefer relics, in the best condition possible. Personal equipment, instrument, medals, helmets and so forth. I like the time capsule feeling about them. They ended up on the battlefield one way or the other, until somebody or me comes and pick them up, untouched all that time and found where they were lost and/or used. Not being messed with for almost 70 years. I really like that.

?

59 views now...

Hi Datrus, Very difficult to give a value however de-activated maxims fully refurbished sell for around the £450 mark in the UK.

?

As has been stated it's diificult to give a a value as these items would be very rarely seen in the UK market , i can only remember seeing one PTRD for sale in Estonia but cannot recall the price , whcih isn't much help really !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Datrus,
    i know nothing of the value so cant help in that way, But love your friends finds i wish i could do a dig and get something as good as those. i must be great to see then for the first time in all those years and just to have them in your collection. thanks for showing them and best of luck with the value.
    Dave,

?

Thank to you all for your answers. Even though you might think so, it's actually a lot of help. It helps to know the price of a refurbished Maxim, becase it points some direction on relic price. Paul it's also nice to know not many PTRD's is around. Have not seen any myself yet.

If Panzer 3 ever comes to Russia PM me before you come.

The forwarding system on the forum seems a bit slow. I have not received any of your answers on my mail yet.

Lars

These are great finds.

PTRD's in the UK are rare and expensive.

But you can buy them mint deact or "Decko" as it is known in Germany for around 690 Euros.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast