Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New to the forum! Help needed!

Article about: Hi I am new to the forum so please be gentle! I live near milton keynes and was wondering if there are any sites nearby that are worth a search with a metal detector ? I am not looking for a

?

Default New to the forum! Help needed!

Hi I am new to the forum so please be gentle! I live near milton keynes and was wondering if there are any sites nearby that are worth a search with a metal detector ? I am not looking for anything in particular as long as its military based .
    I have only just purchased my detector (a fairly basic one) so i am a real novice compared to a lot of you guys!
    Any help greatfully received
    cheers jay

Default Re: New to the forum! Help needed!

Hi Jay,
    The best advice I can give is to contact Steve T on the forum.
    If I were you I would make a test garden, with different sized metal objects, coins, old cartridges at different depths and learn how he reacts on it.
    Air testing is also a good option.
    What kind of MD do you use?

Grtz
    Steven

tolindus
    ?

hi would be interested in purchasing something that you find thank you very much

?

so if he finds a bottle top you would buy it !!!!!

Hello Jay, Good luck with your searches once to start your be hooked for life :P

John

Hi Jayh and welcome to the forum

A good place for you to start will be the following thread......

Searching tips

....and when you've read that have a good look through this one as well....

Laws pertaining to Metal Detecting.

You need to identify a site near you that looks promising and do some good research. It is difficult to identify sites near you without living in the area ourselves. Much of the information you can get is from local sources and simply walking around your 'base'. You also have to consider that if one of us does know a good site near you, we're not likely to tell you until we know you REALLY well !!!! Worst thing to happen to any relic hunter is his/her 'best' relic hunting site gets descended on by a load of MDers and completely cleared of stuff !

So, do some research and you'll be surprised what you find. There is a thread somewhere with a link to a Google Earth placemarker 'pack' that has every wartime airfield marked on it Makes finding them much easier

Cheers and happy hunting

Steve T