Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Memeber- linked Finds

Article about: Hello all, This is a great site and I decided to join. I have mostly detected in Germany for 1 year and made some nice finds. I'm currently in Iraq and can't wait to get back to Germany. I w

Default New Memeber- linked Finds

Hello all,
    This is a great site and I decided to join. I have mostly detected in Germany for 1 year and made some nice finds. I'm currently in Iraq and can't wait to get back to Germany. I was born in Poland and enjoy relic hunting. Sorry that most my finds are linked(easier).
    Thanks
    Rich

1. Coins, casings, ID tag:
    Germany Finds (Part 2) Nice silver, ration coin and German ID Tag

2. Insignia, misc stuff:
    Germany Finds (Part 3) 1780 coin, SS Insignia and many other items

3. WWI era tag, ammo:
    Germany Finds (Part 4) WWI ID Tag, Silver, foreign coins, Operation Baseball Fld

4. Helmet find:
    Germany Finds (Part 6) A great discovery, its helmet time,

5. HISTORIC BATTLEFIELD:
    MORE PICS Historic Battlefield Hunt, Hurtgen Forest Germany. lifetime experience

I have some more for another time

Tom2
    ?

Default Re: New Memeber- linked Finds

Oh man great stuff. Keep it up while you can as some of these days you will not be able to have easy access to such areas to dig. And that stuff is just rusting away waiting for someone to find it. Not like it will last in the ground for another hundred years probably. So gotta find it now while it is there. The context and detailed info with the finds is really great. Makes it meaningful. Well if you get back to the US I suppose you can dig CW battlefields if you get near any and are on private land. That is about as close to that as you can get here. My MD is just getting dusty setting around here. Not much to find around here and a hassle to get digging permission.

?

Quote by 88irocarmy View Post
    Hello all,
    This is a great site and I decided to join. I have mostly detected in Germany for 1 year and made some nice finds. I'm currently in Iraq and can't wait to get back to Germany. I was born in Poland and enjoy relic hunting. Sorry that most my finds are linked(easier).
    Thanks
    Rich

1. Coins, casings, ID tag:
    Germany Finds (Part 2) Nice silver, ration coin and German ID Tag

2. Insignia, misc stuff:
    Germany Finds (Part 3) 1780 coin, SS Insignia and many other items

3. WWI era tag, ammo:
    Germany Finds (Part 4) WWI ID Tag, Silver, foreign coins, Operation Baseball Fld

4. Helmet find:
    Germany Finds (Part 6) A great discovery, its helmet time,

5. HISTORIC BATTLEFIELD:
    MORE PICS Historic Battlefield Hunt, Hurtgen Forest Germany. lifetime experience

I have some more for another time

Nice finds!! Congrats!! Do you have a picture of the helmet after cleaning??
    thanks.

Luis22
    I never got a chance to clean the helmet, had to leave for Iraq.

Nice to have some good detecting grounds.Over here (U.S.) in my area we get mostly Civil War stuff. You have some great finds there!
    PS. Good luck in Iraq!!

Hi hows it going

Thank you for youre interesting article. I too am a very interested in the Hurtgen campaign and have been searching and studying the battle for about 10 years. I am in the British Army and live near the area so normaly get the opportunity to visit 4-5 times per year. I have some very good powerpoint presentations on the battle and some very good books. Have you visited many other battlefields? I have also visited the areas around Geilenkirchen-Operation Clipper invloving joint ops between the British and American forces. I wish you every sucess with youre future visits

Rgds John

John 647
    I only got a chance to visit the Hurtgen battlefield, it was great. I want to go back, we had an excellent tour guide.

Keep them coming, great pics and finds!

Hi Rich

First of all welcome to the forum, your input will be greatly appriciated over here. Second I've been thinking of going to the Hürtgenwald myself on several occasions do you have any tips or pointers?

Greetz

Nick VR

Going back over your photos I see you had lots of fun with bottle caps,flip tops etc. Drives ya nuts! I have a mine detector like your silent partner. Head set, speaker,the works. I just don't know where to get batteries for the darned thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast