Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Newcomer shows all!

Article about: Hi. New to the site but have been living in my own WW2 relics world for a number of years (at least that's what my wife says!). Use an Xterra detector and enjoy nothing more than reic huntin

Default Newcomer shows all!

Hi.

New to the site but have been living in my own WW2 relics world for a number of years (at least that's what my wife says!). Use an Xterra detector and enjoy nothing more than reic hunting in Normandy and occasionally further afield.

The grenade was from close to St Lo and the other stuff (including chees tube) from in and around Omaha beach.

This is a great site by the way. I'm amazed at some of the stuff you guys find. Thanks. David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newcomer shows all!   Newcomer shows all!  

Newcomer shows all!  

Default Re: Newcomer shows all!

Welcome to the forum Dave. That pineapple must have given you some anxious moments!

Welcome Dave , im amazed at the stuff still found around Normandy , look forward to some more pics , cheers Raymond

Thanks for the welcome.

Left the pineapple exactly as you see it! Scariest moment was actually the wild boar in the Ardennes - rubbish finds (buckets of shrapnel) but I think I still have a lot to learn about where to look and get the best our of the detector.

Will try and post some other pics when I can - came across some MG34 rounds close to St L earlier in the year.

David

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    WHAT A LET DOWN newcomer shows all,,,,,,,, i was hoping that kate moss had joined,,,,but rather fearing stewy had a new camera if it helps these grens go for 40 uk here at fairs,{negocialble}
    Easy Brownie,email of me in fishnets,sent. Stewy
    Oh yeah £40 Brownie's right. Maybe in slightly better nick too. If you hang on & buy late in the day

ace
    ?

Welcome to the forum dave awsome pics mate

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    WHAT A LET DOWN newcomer shows all,,,,,,,, i was hoping that kate moss had joined,,,,but rather fearing stewy had a new camera if it helps these grens go for 40 uk here at fairs,{negocialble}
    What fairs and where?(new to this)
    cheers
    jon

That'd be cool,
    cheers
    jon