Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nijmegen area find

Article about: Hello, I live near Nijmegen and i'm seaching often to things of WW2 with a metal detector. For a short time ago, i went to a site where in WW2 a mortar stand was. In the first hour i found a

?

Default Re: Nijmegen area find

Hello Ade,

I'm seaching also in Beek-Ubbergen and Berg & Dal, in Beek was a very tough combat between US Para's and Germans who wanted to take back the road to Nijmegen. History is everywhere in this area!
    When you take a walk on the 'Duivelsberg' you can see the foxholes of the US para's. I even found Tree-carvings on old trees of US Paratroopers and British/Canadian soldiers!

And Martyn, I find very, very much bottles in this area:P Sometimes i ask myself, what did the soldiers in this area going out or something?
    The nicest bottles are the Cider bottles from England, the decoration is beautifull. I will post it soon with some other stuff.

nice finds, the compass is a really nice find!

I'd really like to see pictures of the tree carvings you found. Welcome to the forum!

Nijmegen is on my list of European cities I want to visit. It's up there with Helsinki and Odessa. : )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2