Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Normandy boot knife.

Article about: by ehawk Hello Chris, it is a german issue fighting/boot knife. I have one like it my dad brought back from the war. I did research on mine and it was noted that they were sometimes used by

Default Normandy boot knife.

This is a boot knife that I found years ago but just not sure about what model or from what country I have just not seen one like this ,not in great condition .Any info on it would be great.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandy boot knife.   Normandy boot knife.  

Normandy boot knife.   Normandy boot knife.  

Default Re: Normandy boot knife.

looks like a generic homemade type of knife,,country of origin uncertain...

Quote by militarymania View Post
    looks like a generic homemade type of knife,,country of origin uncertain...
    It is missing the guard from one side, it was broken off.The knife was found in a trench line.Not a very great item ..

I think it is a great item,
    especially if it was dug or found in or near trenches in Normandy !

Strange material for the grip, lead ? aluminum ?

I would lean towards what MM says, about it possibly being
    'home-made' - or what is known as 'theater made' - until someone can positively ID it.
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I think it is a great item,
    especially if it was dug or found in or near trenches in Normandy !

Strange material for the grip, lead ? aluminum ?

I would lean towards what MM says, about it possibly being
    'home-made' - or what is known as 'theater made' - until someone can positively ID it.
    I am not certain about the material on the grip.I think MM is correct ,I have look for it in books and the web but nothing.It is probably a theater made item still a military item.

?

if that is where it was found thats really cool! Keep an open mind! Anyone who has ever served knows that Soldiers take personal items to war or maybe it was used for mess. You never know! Lee

Quote by leej11 View Post
    if that is where it was found thats really cool! Keep an open mind! Anyone who has ever served knows that Soldiers take personal items to war or maybe it was used for mess. You never know! Lee
    I can not get any real info on it.
    It looks military ,I will keep it just because of where I found it.

Wolfhauts
    ?

I believe it is a german trench knife... there were several different types, and they were all a bit different, and looked alot like your average civilian knife, but still made strickly for military purpose

Look at this picture of a german trench knife from ww2, could be something like that:

http://snyderstreasures.com/images/g...nife156FOA.jpg

This is a picture of another just to show how different these knives really are, both german military trenchknives (and how civilian they actually could seem):

http://www.thehistorybunker.co.uk/acatalog/Short.7.jpg

Hope that helped

/Nicolai

Quote by Wolfhauts View Post
    I believe it is a german trench knife... there were several different types, and they were all a bit different, and looked alot like your average civilian knife, but still made strickly for military purpose

Look at this picture of a german trench knife from ww2, could be something like that:

http://snyderstreasures.com/images/g...nife156FOA.jpg

This is a picture of another just to show how different these knives really are, both german military trenchknives (and how civilian they actually could seem):

http://www.thehistorybunker.co.uk/acatalog/Short.7.jpg

Hope that helped

/Nicolai
    Thank you for the info,very interresting info.

?

Hello Chris, it is a german issue fighting/boot knife. I have one like it my dad brought back from the war. I did research on mine and it was noted that they were sometimes used by the wehrmacht or by a pilot but were especially favored by the SS. They are quite rare and one in good condition I seen was for sale for $700.00! They originally had wooden grips and didnt look to be a high quality knife so I was shocked at my findings! I googled "WW2 german bootknife/fighting knife and a couple and some info popped up. Regards....Edwin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast