Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Normandy M40 helmet with decal

Article about: Hello Chris , awesome helmet , i to have a helmet from Bayeux , a friend of mine got two of them while he was over there about 10 years ago , both helmets were found buried in hay and dirt i

Default Re: Normandy M40 helmet with decal

Hello Chris , awesome helmet , i to have a helmet from Bayeux , a friend of mine got two of them while he was over there about 10 years ago , both helmets were found buried in hay and dirt in an old barn that was being pulled down at the time , the barn was used as a field dressing station during the invasion .I love the lines drawn on the helmet similar to the lines painted on ww1 german helmets , made me wounder if soldat could have possibly been ww1 veteran , cheers Raymond
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandy M40 helmet with decal   Normandy M40 helmet with decal  

Normandy M40 helmet with decal   Normandy M40 helmet with decal  

Normandy M40 helmet with decal  

Nice helmet ,very different camo for a ww2 helmet.

Thanks Chris , its one of my favorites , cheers Raymond

Quote by ironcross1 View Post
    Thanks Chris , its one of my favorites , cheers Raymond
    That is one helmet that I would have in my collection.
    Do you remenber where in Bayeux.
    I was in school in bayeux for 4 years .

Sorry mate , all i know it was in the country side some where , not much help i know.Im pretty sure the helmet has been cut from the soldat , as you can see chin strap is still buckled and diffinitely has been cut threw , and the remains of the liner look like it could well be blood stained , cheers mate Raymond

Sorry mate , all i know it was in the country side some where , not much help i know.Im pretty sure the helmet has been cut from the soldat , as you can see chin strap is still buckled and diffinitely has been cut threw , and the remains of the liner look like it could well be blood stained , cheers mate Raymond
    Did you get any other stuff from Normandy.
    I got a helmet also that has some stuff left in it.

Nothing else yet Chris , just the sand that a mate sent me from Omaha beach that i made my D Day piece from , you may have seen it on the forum.I plan to get a few pieces for my collection at some stage , have seen a few relic helmets on Ebay but not to sure whether they are realy from where the seller says they are from .The helmet you mention that had stuff left in it , would it be human stuff by any chance Cheers Raymond

Nothing else yet Chris , just the sand that a mate sent me from Omaha beach that i made my D Day piece from , you may have seen it on the forum.I plan to get a few pieces for my collection at some stage , have seen a few relic helmets on Ebay but not to sure whether they are realy from where the seller says they are from .The helmet you mention that had stuff left in it , would it be human stuff by any chance Cheers Raymond
    I should be getting some of my boxes sometime this summer I have some relics from Normandy but I do not remenber what I have in them.I do have one helmet in it but ww1 german.I have some of your thread good stuff.The stuff on e-bay what say normandy 90% is BS..

cricketchris,
    Do you know where the lid was found near Port-en-Bessin?
    could be interesting....i have info about what happend there.

Greez,
    0.S.

Quote by OrangSoldier View Post
    cricketchris,
    Do you know where the lid was found near Port-en-Bessin?
    could be interesting....i have info about what happend there.

Greez,
    0.S.
    Yes I do from port-en-bessin going in the direction of the US cemetery just outside port en-bessin take the first right there is a farm there that it where it was found.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast