Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Not so bad after all

Article about: We have been tasked with maintaining a weather system out in our Range that's used at an auxiliary airfield. Basically its set up like a Carrier for our jet to get to land on the deck of a c

?

Default Not so bad after all

We have been tasked with maintaining a weather system out in our Range that's used at an auxiliary airfield. Basically its set up like a Carrier for our jet to get to land on the deck of a carrier while still being out here in the desert. At first we thought that this sucked, We have to drive 45 minutes out into the desert. No facilities or running water. But on some of our last trips we have been finding 1943 dated 30.06 casing along with 50 cal belt links around the parameter of our site. On this last trip we fixed what needed to be fixed and decided to have a look around for some more rusted relics. This is also one of the sites that General Patton practiced his maneuvers prior to putting them to use across the pond. We decide to have another look since we fixed the problem quickly.
    So there is a brighter side to going out there. At least for me that is. I'll be bring my metal detector next time

Not so bad after allNot so bad after all

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Not so bad after all  

?

Great finds Phil , hope you find more in the future .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

MAP
    ?

Lemonade out of lemons
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I just wanted to note the head stamps on these. It would have been nice to see if they were a rare mfg or not.
    The answer is NOT.

The 30.06 are marked with DEN, which is for the Denver Ordnance Plant. They pumped out 6 million rounds a DAY

The 50 Cal is marked with S L, which is for the St. Louis Ordnance Plant who put out 250 million rounds a MONTH.

Both of these plants were closed after WW2 ended. They sure did their job for the war effort.

Semper Fi
    Phil

CBH
    ?

If your out there detecting Phil look for the old latrines, sometimes they'd backfill these with whatever garbage was on hand.

Also thing get lost when you drop your pants, so you never know what you'll find.