Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Obersalzberg Relics

Article about: Hi All, I was lucky to visit Obersalzberg in 2011 and planned the trip before I attended using old maps and legends etc. It was amazing whats still around and most of the main buildings foun

Default Obersalzberg Relics

Hi All, I was lucky to visit Obersalzberg in 2011 and planned the trip before I attended using old maps and legends etc.
    It was amazing whats still around and most of the main buildings foundations are still standing, from the sites I managed to obtain various brick relics.

Obersalzberg Relics
    This is the site of the Berghof (foundations still visible now the land is sliding away)

Obersalzberg Relics
    Cut brick

Obersalzberg RelicsObersalzberg Relics
    Bormann Tree then and now

Obersalzberg Relics
    recovered wood

I am now after a small (dice) sized piece of the Berlin fuhrerbunker and Berlin Reich Chancellery happy to have concrete or marble.

I can trade the following relics (negotiable to which ones or all) these all come with authenticity and printed provenance.

I can supply pieces, encapsulated relics or card mounted or mix of all.

Berghof (just below the picture window)
    Bormann tree
    Berghof rear wall
    Berghof road wall
    Bormann house
    Kampfhäusl (where Hitler wrote the second part of Mein Kampf)
    Hitlers WW1 Bunker

Please let me know if anyone can help.

Default Re: Obersalzberg Relics

I believe the Berlin bunker is long gone.........
    Regards,

Steve.

the berlin bunker is actually still there and a few people know where it sits exactly and it isn't open because it would become a worship site for neo nazies chances of getting a piece is ZERO because its buried. (Saw it on the discovery channel a few years ago) here is the wiki link with more info Führerbunker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting relics. Welcome to the forum.

I have visited this area many times and am extremely familiar with it. Most of the stone blocks from the wall adjoining the driveway have been removed in recent years by souvenir hunters and perhaps now adorn mantle pieces and rockeries all over Europe. The Kampfhäusl is a lesser known structure and is more difficult to find for those without detailed knowledge. Even so, it has not stopped the souvenir hunters from chipping off parts of it. Every time I visit there is evidence of more and more of what I can only regard as vandalism of the site.

The purpose of this post is not to have a pop at you as an individual for selling these items on eBay etc, rather than to express my own personal opinion on the importance of preserving such things for others to see. And to wish to see they do, as evidenced by the numbers of people who walk the site after visiting the Documentation Centre.

There is much to see in the local area; Paula Hitler's grave marker, Dietrich Eckart's headstone and so on. I wonder if anybody has thought to chip away a piece of those for a souvenir?

Quote by Salzburg View Post

I have visited this area many times and am extremely familiar with it. Most of the stone blocks from the wall adjoining the driveway have been removed in recent years by souvenir hunters and perhaps now adorn mantle pieces and rockeries all over Europe. The Kampfhäusl is a lesser known structure and is more difficult to find for those without detailed knowledge. Even so, it has not stopped the souvenir hunters from chipping off parts of it. Every time I visit there is evidence of more and more of what I can only regard as vandalism of the site.

The purpose of this post is not to have a pop at you as an individual for selling these items on eBay etc, rather than to express my own personal opinion on the importance of preserving such things for others to see. And to wish to see they do, as evidenced by the numbers of people who walk the site after visiting the Documentation Centre.

There is much to see in the local area; Paula Hitler's grave marker, Dietrich Eckart's headstone and so on. I wonder if anybody has thought to chip away a piece of those for a souvenir?
    I do admire your diplomacy,really.

He was very restrained wasn't he

how much do you sell them?

I just love Bavaria and the Salzburg area.
    I like it so much I got married in Salzburg .
    A lot of great things to see, the fishing and hunting are good.
    But the views are just incredible.
    I use to stay at the general walker hotel ,now it is gone too bad.
    chris

?

Quote by Salzburg View Post

Eloquently put , i totally agree with your sentiments !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Not sure how I feel about this. I guess the way I see, it is wrong taking these pieces for the purpose of selling them on. I have also visited Berchtesgaden several times, staying at the AFRC resort just down the road, and across the bridge, from the train station. We visited the General Walker hotel, did the bunker tours there. Also have returned a few years ago when the Gen. Walker was gone and visited the Documentation Center. While there I saw the old sites of the Obersalzberg Nazi era. I didn't, however, feel like taking any 'souvenirs' with me. However, when revisiting our old kaserne (Daley Barracks in BK) I did take some pieces of the torn down barracks with me, also a piece of the sidewalk that went from the housing area to the PX area. These are in a little box now, a reminder of my time in Germany. I wouldn't sell them. So, I guess, I'm no different to most souvenir collectors?!! However, my pieces are not tainted with a Nazi allure.
    Last edited by Alexander; 01-30-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast