Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Odd find on the Eastern Front

Article about: Thanks a lot mate Cool signature Btw. Cheers

?

Default Odd find on the Eastern Front

Hello guys,

I just came back from a trip to the front lines a few days ago. We made a quite strange find there. On a slope down to a small creek we found a coin collection of 42 coins from 1781-1795. This place is on the front lines, filled with trenches and bunkers. "Bunker villages" are often located close to water sources of course. The coins was not buried very deep. About 10 cm give or take. The right depth for and item dropped or lost during WW2. There where not much to find there other than these coins and a single 7.62X25 casing i found less than 10 meters from the coins. Spooky. I will put up a video and some more pics from the trip in another thread.

Odd find on the Eastern Front Odd find on the Eastern Front Odd find on the Eastern Front

Odd find on the Eastern Front Odd find on the Eastern Front Odd find on the Eastern Front

Regards, Lars

Default Re: Odd find on the Eastern Front

Maybe buried by civilians to protect it from looting etc? Reminds me of Roman era hoards buried for likely the same purpose. Nice find man, something out of the ordinary

Awesome find. Ok....so not WW2 but a superb find non-the-less Got any pictures of the coins after cleaning ?

?

I don't know Andy. Could be. But then they did it in the middle of a Bunker village. But maybe it was a civilian bunker village. The coins was in such a position that that it looked like they have been i a bag at some time. A very tight and stacked group. The Bag must have decayed and disappeared.

No Steve. We have not tried to clean them yet. I will clean up one of them and see how it looks. For now we keep them as found. They are made of Copper. Patina can never be restored so unless we find out this will be the correct thing to do we keep them as is. They are from the Ekaterina period.

Regards, Lars

Very odd, maybe they have been there since the 18th century then, and the bunkers just happened to be placed nearby 150 years later. Any towns or villages nearby at any time? Intriguing, again I am jealous of your hobby man

?

After sponge, water and dish washing liquid. I have no idea if they have any monetary value.

Don't be mate. This trip was pure hell. The numbers of mosquito's, and huge deer flies(the big stinging f.....) was incredible. Both my hands was and still is to some extent, swollen like balloons. I will post a video later on. You will see what i mean...

Thank you Dimas for fixing the pic loader!!!

Regards, Lars

?

I was lying. We actually found these coins in a cave next to 10 dead NKVD officers and all their belongings.

?

Looted by a soldier maybe?

Best Regards,

Abdy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Detex Deerfly Patches (4pk.)

you will look like an ass but it might be useful

?

LOL. An ass hat

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast