Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

off to france next week

Article about: as per title im off to france on friday for a week all be it for some fishing however i cant see any reason why i cant slope off for a mooch in the woods (should the land owner permit so) is

Default off to france next week

as per title im off to france on friday for a week all be it for some fishing however i cant see any reason why i cant slope off for a mooch in the woods
    (should the land owner permit so)

is there any point though? as i cant find any relevence to the place im going having had any war time involvement.

this is were im going
    Le Bourg
    St Jeanvrin
    France

cheers, mike

Default Re: off to france next week

Mike

Nope! Looks like it will be peaceful and relaxing .... sorry! My first rule in France, Holland or Belgium is pick your spot then try to convince the family that it really is the right place to go. Works now because we bought a house in Normandy Have a great time. David

Quote by billers View Post
    .... we bought a house in Normandy
    You have ?

How much are you renting it out for and have you searched the garden/cellar/out buildings yet ???

Steve T

Steve, unfortunately it's brand new but it's in Port en Bessin site of 47 RM Commandos now legendary assault, 5 mins from Omaha Beach, 25 mins from St Lo ....... A personal heaven! Take a look and if you're interested then let me know: Omaha Beach Holiday Accomodation

David

Mirabeaupear
    ?

I was fishing at Brennilis in brittany last year, when I found lots and lots of bullets and spent ammo, webbing, a boot, shell cases and abandoned hardware, most of a pistol and the hilt of a dagger.
    Lots of interesting things near the gite I stayed in at a place called Coat Salou. Up deep in the woods behind the house is a ruined church where the locals assassinated the priest as a callaborator during the 2nd World War. The area is famous as a centre of resistance with a dedication at a village nearby to its bravery in resisting the Germans. Anyway as I was catching some large trout and I kept feeling things under my wellies as the edge is very shallow and I needed to wade out to sink the net. I Scoured with the landing net and brought up all manner of treasures, enough to equip an army. A local told me there had been a running fight in that area after a trainline was destroyed. No one will talk about the murder of the priest as the family who did it live locally and have never been charged. S that bit of histpry remains a secret. I looked up Coat Salou and there is some sort of Breton ballad with the same name.

We want PICTURES !

Steve T

yeh, as said pics would be great

i never got a chance to stop anywere for a mooch as i was late for the ferry on the way back but im off there again in september so i will most certainly be stopping somewere on the way back next time