Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Old Merton Lines Bros Ltd. workshop.

Article about: Hello, Kuro here. I (and a couple other friends) Wanted to know a bit more about the Lines Bros Ltd. Toy workshop that was later turned into a STEN Mk. II Facory. Things I wouldn't mind know

Default Re: Old Merton Lines Bros Ltd. workshop.

Quote by Steve T View Post
    LOL !

I suppose the point here is that the information is easy to find if you take 10 seconds to look
    I agree, I am amazed sometimes how little people use Google, I mean in general, not members here, find anything on Google !!!! haah

Its like those stupid ads for directory enquiries, just use google, get the number for free !! lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cast.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	480640The old Lines Brothers factory is about half a mile from where I sit typing this. It was there until about thirty years ago when the whole area was demolished and a new industrial estate built. Have a look on a map of Wimbledon for the junction of Merantum Way and Morden Road and the Lines Brothers factory was on the south corner.

Because of their experience in casting Tri-ang toys made from zinc based pot metal they designed some expedient drill cartridges for .30-06, .9mm and .45 ACP. Examples shown in picture.

British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant

Shame it got turned into an industrial estate. I bet the land around the factory was jammed with discarded casts.

Nice drill cartridges. I believe Jayh found a whole stash of them on a site he digs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12