Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

One of ours great finds

Article about: I agree

?

Thumbs up Re: One of ours great finds

raymond
    Thanks Gurov, great pics , good to see some more fallen soldiers buried with the respect the deserve , cheers Raymond
    I completely agree, the closure of seeing any "missing" men given a decent burial is a good outcome.

Thank you for posting up some very interesting photos .

?

Default Re: One of ours great finds

Great work Gurov , keep up the good work mate , these guys deserve your efforts ,

regards

Paul

?

Excellent work, Gurov. Well done, sir!

It is always good to see MIAs found and given a decent, respectful burial.

Was it possible to identify those who were found?

grassy49
    ?

wow very nice pics

Doc_panzerjager
    ?

very nice findings!

?

Amazing !
    .. Good to see that the troops are finally looked after and remembered.

.. That marked spoon is so personal ! it must have sent shivers down your back after finding then bodies .. THEN one of the soldiers personally marked spoons !

Gary J.

?

Thank you guys! Also thanks to Igor Sedunov, the borderguard, man who finded the captured T-34 in the lake. He also has a big museum of weapons and techniks. It's his job to bury the soldiers, and he doing it very well. Without him we could't do it.

Quote by DonB View Post
    Was it possible to identify those who were found?
    Yes,it,s possible in future. We did,t find any documents or dog tags, but we have 1 names of soldier on the spoons (it was woman-medic with the name "Rosa") and we have 2 last names of soldiers also on the spoons. Also we have the date close to their last deadly battle - it was the 1944 march. Djuring this time Gerry trying to kontraatack the soviet defense line near the Sinimae hills (Narwa front) and push back the soviet troops on the other side of Narova river. Partly it was sucsessed and some soviet troops were cathing on the 2 small pockets. Those soviet soldiers (all in winter clothes, overcoats,"valenki" et cetery..) falled close to german positions, may be they trying to break through out of the pocket, but were killed and lately german soldiers dropped them into the shellhole.
    So it's possible to find the number of Division, regiment,batalion, companie which loosed the people in that time in that area, which were in the pocket, and we know some names - and in future we will work in russian archive with it.
    P.S. When we burried them we writed on the burial plates the names of medic and the last names of two soldiers which were writen on the spoons.

BoMir
    ?

Great job Gurov!
    I once heared a saying: A war isn't over untill all soldiers are found and buried...

Best regards

david83
    ?

great finding

?

Gurov, very interesting thread - thank you for sharing these pictures.

I recognized the photos of the Russian reburial ceremony. I was also there, together with a Dutch, a Russian, and Norwegian friend of mine. Maybe you remember us? I also met Mr. Sedunov on that occasion. It was very interesting for me to learn more about the wonderful work Otsing is undertaking. Besides that, it was very special to attend the reburial ceremony.

With kind regards,

Cees

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast