Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Peleliu

Article about: The amount of detritus of war cluttering the ground on Peleliu Island, Palau, is astonishing. You have to go there and see it for yourself to truly grasp the magnitude of it all. This is but

Default Peleliu

The amount of detritus of war cluttering the ground on Peleliu Island, Palau, is astonishing. You have to go there and see it for yourself to truly grasp the magnitude of it all. This is but a minuscule fraction of the stuff laying about and the stuff and places that the tours never show you....the tour guides are frequently just too lazy to get out of the vans...they just drive you around and show you the standard stuff ...the Jap tank..The Zero…..the memorials, the 200mm howitzer near the Sisters...Very few of the guides actually know or care about the history or the ordnance... I worked on Peleliu and in Koror so I spent months, frequently alone, in the jungle and crawling into caves........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Peleliu   Peleliu  

Peleliu   Peleliu  

Peleliu   Peleliu  

Peleliu  

Japanese Type 100 Flamethrower. This photograph was taken on Peleliu Island, Palau in 2013

Peleliu   Peleliu  

USGI Browning Automatic Rifle. This rifle was found inside a Japanese cave in Wildcat Bowl. This photograph was taken on Peleliu Island, Palau in 2013

Peleliu  

USGI 81mm mortar round. This photograph was taken on Peleliu Island, Palau in 2013

Peleliu  

Hello. Thanks for sharing these awesome images! Those mortars and grenades would scare the bejesus out of me if I came upon them. Great to see these pieces/pictures as I would never have the chance otherwise. Kindest regards.

Brian

Great history tour. Thanks for posting.
    John

USGI rifle launched illumination round found near Hill 140 on Peleliu Island, Palau. 2013

This is a Japanese Type 89 50 mm Grenade Discharger (Knee Mortar). I found this weapon in Wildcat Bowl Peleliu Island, Palau in 2013. The barrel of Type 89 is rifled. Each Japanese infantry platoon was equipped with three or four grenade dischargers.

Peleliu   Peleliu  

Peleliu   Peleliu  

47mm armor piercing and 75mm HE projectiles. This photograph was taken on Peleliu Island, Palau, in 2013
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Peleliu  

USGI 30 cal water cooled machine gun. This gun was set up just north of hill 210. This photograph was taken on Peleliu Island, Palau, in 2013

Peleliu   Peleliu  

Peleliu  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast