Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Perimeter Electric Fence Section.

Article about: This was one of the relics found by Shadowolf Simon on Sat 15th at the US Army Dump. A good section of perimeter electric fence. So far ive only given it a going over with the wire brush whi

Default Perimeter Electric Fence Section.

This was one of the relics found by Shadowolf Simon on Sat 15th at the US Army Dump. A good section of perimeter electric fence. So far ive only given it a going over with the wire brush which should be enough i think. I intend to treat it with Kurust which effectively changes the metal to something near its original appearance and protects it from further rust. I will then mount it on a board with some other finds to make a decent display. Did anyone else find any of this wire? Regards, Tim.

?

Default Re: Perimeter Electric Fence Section.

Looks better already Tim.

Regards

Ian

Electric fencing is used to keep livestock from wandering.
    Strange to have found it in an Army dump.......
    Would there have been a need ? !
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 05-18-2010 at 11:02 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Well done Tim, thats looking better already
    Regards to all, Simon.

Steve, perhaps the main US supply depot in the Uk needed an electric fence ?
    The dimmensions of this piece of wire are much bigger than any farmyard electric fence. If Tim can take another photo of it next to a ruler or tape measure, it will be possible to gauge the size of it, and some ideas for its use will come forward.
    Regards to all, Simon.

Heres a close up pic with inches rule to give idea of thickness of the wire. Its certainly too big for a livestock electric fence as they were much thinner guage wire than this. Remember that during WW2 the site was also OUT RAF Honeybourne and im sure it would have had an electric perimeter fence. The US Supplies depot most certainly would have done i would have thought as surely with the huge amounts of supplies there inc drugs, ammunition etc security would have had to be pretty high. Good to hear some views on this though. Regards, Tim.

Quote by Falschirmjager View Post
    Heres a close up pic with inches rule to give idea of thickness of the wire. Its certainly too big for a livestock electric fence as they were much thinner guage wire than this. Remember that during WW2 the site was also OUT RAF Honeybourne and im sure it would have had an electric perimeter fence. The US Supplies depot most certainly would have done i would have thought as surely with the huge amounts of supplies there inc drugs, ammunition etc security would have had to be pretty high. Good to hear some views on this though. Regards, Tim.
    You guys are right, I'm thinking so damn poorly today !

Electric fences.........

TO KEEP THE LIVESTOCK OFF THE AIRFIELD !

What a dope I am sometimes !
    Regards,

Steve.