Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

places in england

Article about: hi guys, Annoyed from this ads?   Im just starting to get into metal detecting and I have already done a B-17 crash site, but I would like to find a better place to Metal Detect. Does a

ben
    ?

Default places in england

hi guys,

Im just starting to get into metal detecting and I have already done a B-17 crash site, but I would like to find a better place to Metal Detect.

Does anyone know any locations I can metal detect in England.

Thanks

mpw
    ?

Hello Ben.
    Where in the UK are you? I'm in the South East and most fields seem to contain something from WW2 such as shell fragments, bullet cases and badges/buttons lost in manoeuvres. Even if your in the North I'm sure a little research to where camps, bases etc were located will pay dividends. Remember though, always seek permission before detecting.

Mark.

Quote by ben View Post
    hi guys,

Im just starting to get into metal detecting and I have already done a B-17 crash site, but I would like to find a better place to Metal Detect.

Does anyone know any locations I can metal detect in England.

Thanks
    Hi Ben welcome to the forum, I personally live in Norfolk and there are any many sites of interest, BUT and it is a BIG BUT!! Most area's if not all will require pre asked permission. If you fail to get this the full weight of the old bill may well "stomp" down on you. At the end of the day , our more "modern" sites are still historical sites and not open to random pillaging as they were when I was a kid!! Good hunting, Leon.

ben
    ?

hi guys,

I live in Bedfordshire and Im trying to find anti air positions or even bunkers, I just found a set of bunkers with a anit -tank ditch but I am not sure if I should metal detect, as 1. Permission and 2. if I will find anything at the bunkers (because as you guys probley know most of the guns in the bunkers in England didnt fire a single shot).

So if you guys know of any Anti-Air Positions or do you guys think I should metal detect by the bunkers and anit-tank ditch and hope to find something?

Thanks

This is a picture I done of the Bunkers I just found.

places in england
    Last edited by ben; 06-19-2014 at 08:26 PM.

?

Are you looking at the Old system of Observation / defensive posistions that litter the UK ? Usually now they just full of rubbish etc. Certainly these ones look to be on owned / cultivated land so you would need the owners position to go there.