Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please someone help me ID this button

Article about: This maker marked aluminium button turned up during my excavations of a German transition camp in Finland today. All help welcome! Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

Default Please someone help me ID this button

This maker marked aluminium button turned up during my excavations of a German transition camp in Finland today. All help welcome!

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please someone  help me ID this button   Please someone  help me ID this button  

I'm no expert in German militaria, but it looks like a normal German combat tunic button to me?

Jan
    ?

Thanks Alexander, that´s what I thought too. I´m not familiar with the makers mark though.

Best,

Jan

No problem, neither am I. You are up north Jan?

Jan
    ?

No in fact I´m down south

Oh yes, I mixed this digging area with the one in Lapland that you recently posted ! Nice work by the way, it's sad that the places will be bulldozed, but thank god that the area will be thoroughly searched before it. I live in Espoo currently btw.

Jan
    ?

Still curious about the button, is there any chance it might be Finnish M 36 or earlier. The button is only 2cm:s in diameter!

Best,

Jan

Quote by Jan View Post
    Still curious about the button, is there any chance it might be Finnish M 36 or earlier. The button is only 2cm:s in diameter!

Best,

Jan

- - ------- - -

Best,

Jan
    Finns didn't use buttons of this style.

Jan
    ?

Thanks for all Your help, I didn´t read your first post well enough. Are the combat tunic buttons really that small?

Best,

Jan

Quote by Jan View Post
    Thanks for all Your help, I didn´t read your first post well enough. Are the combat tunic buttons really that small?

Best,

Jan
    I really have no authority say, since I am not familiar with German uniforms, but it would be my best bet to say. Finnish buttons had the lion in them and the overall design was different. I'm sure German collectors can help better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast