Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pouch to ID

Article about: Despite being in the ground for a long time, the leather was preserved well. There are shadows of a flaming grenade and a number 6. What do I have here? the badges weren't there, unfortunate

?

Default Pouch to ID

Despite being in the ground for a long time, the leather was preserved well. There are shadows of a flaming grenade and a number 6. What do I have here? the badges weren't there, unfortunately. It came with WW1 and WW2 german stuff. It looks to me like a Ww1 pouch but from which country?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pouch to ID   Pouch to ID  

Regards

Matt

?

Default Re: Pouch to ID

Hi Matt,

I'm probably way off beam here, but, if it's got a "flaming grenade" and a number on it, I would, very tentatively, suggest it's French.

As usual, I am willing to stand corrected by anyone more knowledgeable than myself.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Hello Ian,

I agree with you! I also thought it could be french because of the flaming grenade. But I know very little about french militaria so I thought to post it.
    Regards

Matt

?

Hi Matt,

I'm not all that knowledgeable about the French stuff myself either. LOL
    I do know that they had a tendency to stick a grenade, or similar, and a number on just about every pouch, especially ammo and other "expense pouches" though!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy