Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Promising Finds Roer Area

Article about: Got fed up trudging the mainstream battlefields and finding nothing due to oversearching by relic hunters over the years! Decided to take a gamble and focus on one of the less well known and

Default Promising Finds Roer Area

Got fed up trudging the mainstream battlefields and finding nothing due to oversearching by relic hunters over the years! Decided to take a gamble and focus on one of the less well known and searched areas. I read about the 9 th Div crossing the Roer and fighting to the outskirts of Monchengladbach. During this research I read about an American Bn being held up in a small wood by a village. After one hour I had found some German 7.92, 0.5 cal bullet heads, 10.5 cm shell case, end of what I think is a 3 inch rocket! I also found another item with US markings with bakelite fixtures but dont have a clue what it is. I will search the area in more detail as I was put off by bad weather and failing light

Enjoy Rgds John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IMG_1834.jpg   IMG_1838.jpg  

IMG_1858.jpg   IMG_1862.jpg  

IMG_1865.jpg   IMG_1863.jpg  

Default Re: Promising Finds Roer Area

nice ones!!
    the item in the 4th picture down might be a .303/mg42/some other mg flash eliminator

regards Mad_ideas

Default Re: Promising Finds Roer Area

Nice finds

Be careful with that whole .50cal you have. I can't make out a colour on the tip but the shape of it (base not tapered) looks like an explosive or possibly incendiary round. Don't drop it or hit it hard with anything !

Steve T