Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

RAF Airfield finds

Article about: Oh, and by the way, that aircraft instrument panel you gave me at Chatham, finally got ID'd by PB, and I quote...... ' The 66834 93VM504 LL 6 blanking plate marking indicates Vickers Varsity

Default Re: RAF Airfield finds

Very nice finds

Image 1808 Access panel with single Dzus fastner looks like the ground battery socket cover from a Halifax bomber.

Hangarman

?

Hi Hangarman

That would be nice,I like the Halifax,I have cleaned the panel and found a number,Could that be a Halifax number ?

Gary

Quote by hangarman View Post
    Very nice finds

Image 1808 Access panel with single Dzus fastner looks like the ground battery socket cover from a Halifax bomber.

Hangarman
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IMG_1907.jpg   IMG_1901.jpg  

?

Thought I would have a morning out before the dreaded snow stops everything,Well im glad I did.
    Bumper harvest of .303s today all in one pile,Some nice lables and a .50cal which caused a bit of concern as when I first found it it looked live,But a bit of investigation revealed that it was emptied at some stage and the projectile placed back.

Will need to spend a few hours now cleaning.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IMG_1913.jpg   IMG_1915.jpg  

IMG_1916.jpg   IMG_1917.jpg  

IMG_1918.jpg   IMG_1919.jpg  

IMG_1920.jpg   IMG_1928.jpg  

IMG_1921.jpg   IMG_1922.jpg  

IMG_1923.jpg   IMG_1924.jpg  

IMG_1926.jpg   IMG_1927.jpg  

IMG_1929.jpg  

?

Nice bits Mossie. The Alphabet plate is interesting, I wonder if it was fitted to a radio somewhere, never seen one on aircraft though. The previous flap with numbers probably isn't Halifax, their part numbers usually start with 57.

Nice finds mossie

Lovely finds Mossie,realy lovely

great stuff

I live just across the road from the former airforce base of Burtonwood. I often go walking around the area to see what I can find. Most of the site has now been turned into a housing estate. But those of us who can remeber it back in the 1980's know where to find stuff.

A large section of Burtonwood Road has now been blocked off and pedestrianised. But just recently I have been making loads of finds of small black bags with a knot tied at the top. Inside appears to be some kind of brown goo that stinks to high heaven. Some kind of sealant putty perhaps?
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I live just across the road from the former airforce base of Burtonwood. I often go walking around the area to see what I can find. Most of the site has now been turned into a housing estate. But those of us who can remeber it back in the 1980's know where to find stuff.

A large section of Burtonwood Road has now been blocked of and pedestrianised. But just recently I have been making loads of finds of small black bags with a knot tied at the top. Inside appears to be some kind of brown goo that stinks to high heaven. Some kind of sealant putty perhaps?
    I think dog walkers have been dumping their sh*t bags Steve!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

?

lovely finds mate ! any markings on the spoon ....i love the cutlery!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast