Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAF Folkingham Lincolnshire

Article about: Nice picture Jerry.. of a nice vehicle..I didn't see that but then a gain I wasn't really looking around..in fear of being shot..lol. Cheers Terry.

?

Default RAF Folkingham Lincolnshire

Hello Ladies & Gents I thought this might be of interest to some folks on here?. It's about the Folkingham airfield..I was there in the summer by chance walking the dogs. It is worth a visit if you are around the area. I don't think you are meant to be on there so some sleath is in order!!! Cheers Terry. If the link doesn't work? which I have a feeling it won't can somebody help out? Britain's rust belt: Vehicle graveyard on former runway of closed RAF station features military vehicles and machinery dating back to World War Two | Mail Online

Nope, I cant open the link

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Worked ok for me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Got it!

I know of this airfield, I didnt realise so many ghosts were there!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

worked ok.thanks very interesting.

Interesting report. I visited there in 1989 during a phase of photographing old airfields I went through. All I found was a nicely marked 'Civil Defence' Austin sort of van which had gone when I went back ten years or so ago. I think I'll pay a return visit. Thanks for the inspiring report.

Martin

?

I do hope this doesn't lead to a wave of scrapping by the owner, who is well-known for trying to keep people off his private property.

?

Now that this has been on the news I give it 2 months and all these beautiful objects will be trashed and had all their gauges smashed or stolen.

?

I think most of the vehicles are already in ruin.. But I agree with the owner having his work cut out keeping people of his land!! I was there last summer by chance didn't know what it was really so me & Missus plus Mutts had a quick look.. Nice big woods next to it which you are allowed to walk through..So you don't have to go right up to it & get in trouble..Some pubs too locally which in it's self a reason to go there...Cheers Terry.

RAF Folkingham Lincolnshire

There's a few different things if you look around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast