Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Recent Ypres Salient finds

Article about: Hi all, just returned from a week in Ypres and have some field finds for people to cast their opinions on. The first is a sniper's loophole, although I do not know much about these so would

Default Recent Ypres Salient finds

Hi all, just returned from a week in Ypres and have some field finds for people to cast their opinions on. The first is a sniper's loophole, although I do not know much about these so would be glad for someone to give me info on it. The second is an MG08 ammo tin I think, with a lot of character! The last two items I do not know, one is like a bipod leg maybe and the other looks almost like a ruptured gun barrell although one end appears to be solid. Any comments and information are most welcome. Sorry for the messed up order of the pics.

Cheers.Recent Ypres Salient findsRecent Ypres Salient findsRecent Ypres Salient findsRecent Ypres Salient findsRecent Ypres Salient findsRecent Ypres Salient findsRecent Ypres Salient findsRecent Ypres Salient findsRecent Ypres Salient findsRecent Ypres Salient findsRecent Ypres Salient findsRecent Ypres Salient finds

Default Re: Recent Ypres Salient finds

Can't help you, but very Nice findings you got there.

i think the person who found the ammo tin must be oober sexy

the snipers loophole is fantastic!!! great find.

Hi, Nice finds. Ive just come back from a trip around Germany Holland and Belgium. WE went to Ypres for the day and went to see Tyne Cot. Whilst looking around the area we went to Railway Wood and did a field walk for about 30 mins...we found loads of shrapnel and pieces of SRD rum jars. My best find was part of a fuse from a British shell and also a suspected shell itself! In the woods itself we came across a large crater and old bottles etc. I could have spent hours even days there..it was fascinating and quite sobering. My great grandfather was gassed on the somme but survived and died in the late 1960's.