Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic Combat helmets ,Ost Front

Article about: I thought i would load pics of. my relic Stahlhem collection that ive been adding too over the last decade during trips to Russia. It surprises me how well they survive depending on soli fac

Default Relic Combat helmets ,Ost Front

I thought i would load pics of. my relic Stahlhem collection that ive been adding too over the last decade during trips to Russia. It surprises me how well they survive depending on soli factors etc
    They really speak of the savagery of Artillery power against the humble infantryman !
    This ones the worst blasted shell ive encountered ! The metal is in good state and feels like a battlefield recovery not long after the war ! Its an ET 64.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic Combat helmets ,Ost Front   Relic Combat helmets ,Ost Front  

Relic Combat helmets ,Ost Front   Relic Combat helmets ,Ost Front  

Default Re: Relic Combat helmets ,Ost Front

The next one - a single decal M40 with no corrosion , blurred decal but firmly remaining, and an impact gash at rear. Its an EF64.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic Combat helmets ,Ost Front   Relic Combat helmets ,Ost Front  

My M35 ,with prewar field grey paint and well preserved decal . Stamped FS 64. This one is more fragile , making me think it came out of a swamp type ground ,as this preserves the paint whilst corroding the metal undermeath !

hi rob, these are wonderful helmets, the paintwork looks so fresh, the origional owner was out of luck.....

Rob, nice helmets. I am starting to have a real fancy about battle damaged helmets and am now looking to buy a few in good condition such as yours.

Thanks for showing, Tyrone

This one has its liner and strap which has stretched from fastening over the peak. Slate grey finish . I cant read stampings although this is my most complete example . I think some one smoothed chemical metal on the worn area inside The shrapnel holes and resulting liner tear are very evident . i cut some thread stitches that were an attempt to repair liner .
    generally speaking , the helmet market in Russia is for relics and they arent always left alone , as its hard to resist tendencies to restore . I generally try to halt active corrosion then seal with a wax.

Thanks for comments guys !
    actually i dont always seal the paint in wax . the slate grey ones ive left as they seem ok , The swamp one i rust treated then after reading Dimas techniques brushed on vaseline ( bit sticky , but brings up colour !)

?

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    Thanks for comments guys !
    actually i dont always seal the paint in wax . the slate grey ones ive left as they seem ok , The swamp one i rust treated then after reading Dimas techniques brushed on vaseline ( bit sticky , but brings up colour !)
    Fantastic helmets thanks for posting!!

These helmets are really great, and had been somewhat overlooked in
    past decades here. Everyone wanting nicer, more complete examples.

Your comment about the savagery of artillery rings true !

Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: M35 SNOW CAMO , KARELIA

I think no Eastern Front collection can do without a Snow camo ! Ive only possesed 3 in ten years or more of travelling back and forth . Heres the one im keeping at present . It was dug in Karelia . You can see where the previous owner to me had tried to find a decal ! I dont mind - at least i wont be trying to do the same
    i can see an F stamp only , so its a EF 64 i reckon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast