Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Relic German sign

Article about: The Aussie dollar stinks at the moment!!! At 74c to the US\\$ and 68c to the Euro + long distances to ship makes collecting no fun at all – so one has to be resourceful and selective. But, thi

?

Love it. I am looking for a NSDAP or Railway eagle for in between the flags in my war room. Love that piece bud. Can almost hear the gun fire as it riddled the metal. Cool piece!

War Relics Forum Sponsor
    My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I thought that this thread may have promoted a bit more comment - not because of the sign (as while items like this appeal to me they don't to all ) but maybe some discussion on the fiscal situation of collecting in these unstable economic times? 49 members ( mods n' all ) have viewed this but only a few have left comments - maybe it is business as usual for the northern hemisphere members & I am the only one facing austerity measures?...... oops, I mentioned the war
    My thread has 38000 views, and i mostly talk to myself over there- you get used to it.

Anyway, that sign would look great in a box with fake realistic ground material. (like they use in dioramas) Then add some original bits of barbwire and you have a good beginning for a display with many possibilities. I see many many ways to display this piece of history...
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Nice sign Dan, will look amazing with your Berlin set up. As for your question about collecting especially for us Australians when the dollar is sliding yet again. I have pretty much stopped collecting anything but photos this year as if I buy anything from the UK I pay almost 2.5 times it's value and AUD and buying things from te USA is not much better. Talking with Peter from the Collectors Guild the militaira market itself is dry slow at the moment as well, so everyone is feeling the crunch.
    Morris

?

Good to hear, (i know it sounds weird, when i think bad is good)-

But I was starting to believe i were the only one feeling the economical situation.
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Thanks all for your comments .... I must admit, the unafforability of collectibles of late has made me a grumpy old man at 55!

I'm glad some see the same history in this piece as I do.

Cheers all, Dan
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

Quote by electricdigger View Post
    Was this one that was on eBay recently? If not, there was one out there that was just about the same. Love it.
    Yes sir, that was the one. One hundred Aussie clams by the time i stopped groaning over the exchange rate and postage but it had the "look".

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Nice sign Dan, will look amazing with your Berlin set up. As for your question about collecting especially for us Australians when the dollar is sliding yet again. I have pretty much stopped collecting anything but photos this year as if I buy anything from the UK I pay almost 2.5 times it's value and AUD and buying things from te USA is not much better. Talking with Peter from the Collectors Guild the militaira market itself is dry slow at the moment as well, so everyone is feeling the crunch.
    Morris
    Thanks Morris - I just had to vent!
    Sandgroper is the one with the Berlin display.... haven't heard from him for a while?

Dan

Default HG Strasse

Nice thread!

A pic of my street sign. Hermann Göring Straße

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hermann-Göring-Straße.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	876242

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12