Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2

Article about: another couple of relic pistols in my collection...... a 1908 bayard in 7.65 an astra model 400

?

Default Re: relic weapons of ww1 and ww2

Indeed. A great piece and certainly would look fine on the wall......SWMBO permitting.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Indeed. A great piece and certainly would look fine on the wall......SWMBO permitting.
    funny, she is not overly keen, can't see why

another MP40 relic recently acquired - this time only the barrel (blocked), magazine holder and upper receiver. Again it is in a delicate state due to tin worm. In an attempt to stabilise and preserve I have given it a bit of electrolysis to remove rust and treated with Ren Wax, so hopefully will last. This was originally recovered in the south east of Germany but specific find location lost in the mists of time so can't tie in to any specific battle, whch is a shame. Can't get enough of these MP40 relics though the wife just doesn't get it

Also a belt of relic MG42 rounds, recovered from the area of Rougville, Normandy where the 6th Fallschirmjäger regiment fought with the 4th and 101st airborne. These have all been drilled and are totally inert.

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2

Default Some new additions - relic K98s

a couple of new additions to the collection - 2 K98s bought at the Overlord2012 show over the Jubilee weekend.

I have put one through a couple of days of electrolysis and it has come up quite nicely. The only visible stamp is "Mod 98".

The second one, with the bolt still in place has yet to be cleaned up, but have discovered that it still has a cartridge in the breach, even though the bolt is in the open, cocked position - a malfunction of some sort that resulted in the rifle being discarded perhaps?

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2

Default And another - MP34

haven't told the wife about this one yet so is currently residing in the workshop awaiting an appropriate moment and hopefully avoid too much

couldn't resist this one though as MP34's in relic condition don't come up too often. This was originally found in Austria at a capitulation/dump site. It has has no bolt and the top receiver cover looks to have been smashed against something fairly solid (tank perhaps) to render it unusable. I think I may try and get a wooden stock for this as it is pretty good condition and will take pride of place in the collection (once it surfaces from hiding in the workshop of course )

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2relic weapons of ww1 and ww2
    Last edited by harry211; 06-07-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13