Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2

Article about: another couple of relic pistols in my collection...... a 1908 bayard in 7.65 an astra model 400

Default Re: relic weapons of ww1 and ww2

Well go find it gibba !!!

Steve T

?

I found this part of an MP40 in the Hurtgen Forest last year.

And a K98 from the Falaise pocket, also last year, got this piece from a local farmer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relic weapons of ww1 and ww2   relic weapons of ww1 and ww2  

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2  

Quote by Aru-Ed View Post
    I found this part of an MP40 in the Hurtgen Forest last year.

And a K98 from the Falaise pocket, also last year, got this piece from a local farmer.
    nice find, the MP40!!
    The K 98 looks more like a plumbers tube....(lol)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Superb relics, many thanks for posting your finds!

Its about time I took photo's of my K98 (which is what i think it is) Its no where near as impressive as the other finds on here, but it'll have a story behind it, as with all relic weapons. Sorry about the rubbish photo's I had to resort to using my phone camera again

Thanks

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relic weapons of ww1 and ww2   relic weapons of ww1 and ww2  

relic weapons of ww1 and ww2   relic weapons of ww1 and ww2  

Here is a couple of pictures of my newly aquired P08.

As you can see there is still rounds in the mag, with a hole drilled thru each one of them. I got a question though: How do you know if there is a round in the chamber?

I also could use some help with the best way to freshen this up a bit. I usually use electrolysis, but only on parts, never on a whole gun, especially with rounds still in it...

The only way I can think of on a weapon this rusty, isto measure the distance between the bolt face and the muzzle, and then stick a rod or similar carefully down the barrel untill it stops. make a mark on the rod where the muzzle is, and then measure that distance. They should be almost the same if the chamber is clear or an empty case is there. If a live round is there, the rod should be approx 1" shorter.

Have you tried soaking it in diesal for a month? I know a guy who had to deactivate two Hispano cannons that had sat on the bottom of the sea for almost 70 years (Crashed spitfire). He soaked them in diesal for a month before he could get the bolts out. It may be worth a try.

Great relic your luger, as m3bobby says if the barrel is not rusted full just measure your distance.... thanks for sharing!
    great looking rifle danny!!
    Last edited by gibba1008; 02-25-2010 at 12:10 AM.

K43 battlefield find. The condition is caused by the fact, that it was extremly near the surface (I kicked against it, while not using my detector for a moment...). The empty magazine crumbled away during recovery.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relic weapons of ww1 and ww2  

I used the same method (pushing a rod down the barrel) for my K98, it had a round in the chamber, but i bored through the bottom of it carefully to make it safe

Thanks

Dannt

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast