Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Relics from Arnhem

Article about: Hi Guys, over the past 14 years I have been visiting Arnhem at least once a year, sometimes more than that. The battle is a particular interest of mine as you might have guessed. These are a

?

Default Re: Relics from Arnhem

Container clamp from DZ "K" .

G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics from Arnhem  

Hi Gary, I showed my clip the other day, but I don't know from which supply drop zone it came from.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attic...ster-clip.html

Here is a "Compo" ration box which I found thrown away down the embankment of the river Waal near Nijmegen, close to the US 504th PIR memorial. I suspect someone had cleared out an outbuilding or shed and dumped it there with some other junk.

It was quite a funny incident. I was driving my Jeep in a small convoy with friends down the road on top of the dyke and saw some junk and though "That just looks like a Compo ration box? No, can't be?" But I said to Lez my wife, "I will drive back and stop after we have been to the memorial, you jump out and run down the embankment and grab it". (We have a funny rule in our club, the first person to touch an item gets it ) So I stop the convoy as I always lead, and Lez jumps out. My friend Gary also jumps out of his Jeep and quickly follows Lez but he does not know even why but he thinks it must be for something good if I have stopped there on this narrow road! Lez got there first

The box is in good condition and just lacks the lid. The packing date is 1/44.

?

German 80mm Mortar fin (Polish DZ "K").
    .. The mortar bomb is there for comparison only ..

G.

1943 dated M57 fuse from a US 75mm Pack howitzer round which was found near Wylerbahn (not strictly Arnhem I know, but still "OP Market-Garden") discovered just by walking the area.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics from Arnhem   Relics from Arnhem  

Relics from Arnhem   Relics from Arnhem  

?

75mm pack howitzer shell case found near the artillery positions close to the church in Lower Oosterbeek.

G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics from Arnhem   Relics from Arnhem  

240stevek
    ?

PRICELESS relics in my view.
    Thanks for posting guys.

Steve

Awesome pieces guys , cheers Raymond

david83
    ?

nice foundings en that in holland iam seaching there also not in arnhem but near groningen thats where i live found som intresting things but keep your eyes open when you go out searching because arnhem is a location where you may not search en the police or forest watch may give you a tickit en if you are in bad luck you lose your detector

greetz from holland david

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Relics from Arnhem

Great thread and even greater Arnhem battle ground relics Ade, you know I’m interested in this particular battle too, thanks for sharing. You mention Groningen, where are you from David?.

david83
    ?

iam from holland smal town near groningen the place where i life called haren

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast