Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.

Article about: by Replace Yes, you have moved a bit closer to the action(good digging sites) It is not easy to find weapon parts in Denmark - you have to do your research, and find the good spots. Regards

?

Default Re: Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.

Quote by Replace View Post
    Yes, you have moved a bit closer to the action(good digging sites)

It is not easy to find weapon parts in Denmark - you have to do your research, and find the good spots.

Regards
    Replace
    Research you will have to do everywhere Denmark being small just makes it a bit easier i will say. In Russia we have front lines 3000 km long and hundreds of km deep.... I will have to do some detecting in DK at some time

Regards, Lars

Hi

Here are a few more relics from the same place.
    I have not yet decided if I am going start a new big tread about this place.

Rear end of blank firing pipe for MG34 - very rare!
    ...have enclosed picture of one to the MG42 also.

MP40 speedloaders

88mm fuze.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.   Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.  

Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.   Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.  

Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.  

Also these two k98 bayonets where recovered at the site.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.   Relics from Atlantic wall in Denmark.  

Very nice, looks like you've found yourself a sweet spot there!

I think I will post more pictures in this tread, instead of starting a new tread.

The ammo-box filled with german 7,92 in belt, was actually the second first finding in this area.

Pictures of some of the findings together.

Second ammo-box - medic equipment(plaster scissor, tweezer, field dressing)

Regards
    Replace

?

Very nice indeed. I wonder what happened to the primers in the 7092 rounds?

Mvh

Lars

?

Good finds. They cleaned up nice.

Datrus - They used steel primer caps from mid-war onwards. Judging by the corrosion on the rest of the stuff, I would suggest the thin primer caps have just corroded away to nothing.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Very nice indeed. I wonder what happened to the primers in the 7092 rounds?

Mvh

Lars
    The ammo-box has been exposed to fire in the last days of the war...got the story
    Primers has popped of, and are laying in the "melted" lead from the bullets...see picture 111011-1 there you can see the primers.

Lead from the bullets are in the bottom of the box - all bullets are hollow now.

Regards
    Replace

Quote by Replace View Post
    The ammo-box has been exposed to fire in the last days of the war...got the story
    Primers has popped of, and are laying in the "melted" lead from the bullets...see picture 111011-1 there you can see the primers.

Lead from the bullets are in the bottom of the box - all bullets are hollow now.

Regards
    Replace
    Or that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast