Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

RRPG dig - British Army Dump - 10th September 2011

Article about: The two items that you thought were trigger guages, on the photo of the Vickers, just below the traversing platform and to the front, there is a very similar looking piece except for the rou

?

Default Re: RRPG dig - British Army Dump - 10th September 2011

OH JOY OH JOY, you will never guess what ive found, on the first dig i found a cylindrical piece of shiney metal similar to a piston, everyone was taking the michael because it was where we found the anti aircraft sight and DMs bayonet and the sten butts and it was the only decent thing that i found there, well ive id it from Steves diagram above, its no/28, at first i thought it was no/5 but there isnt a key groove along the shank like i have, its in a near perfect condition with only a very small piece of rust thats in a 1/2 slot along the shank, i am stoked

'Plug, Clearing, .303 in, MG, Mk 1'

That thing is in my first video Dave ! CONGRATS !!!!!

Steve T

Nice on Dave, we both said that could be something good

?

Can you confirm it IS the same thing id like a second opinion, please Steve

Well I would Dave but I can't see it very well in the video. I am afraid you are going to have to get your daughter round with the camera and get her to put some pictures up, or e-mail them to me

Steve T

Well I was having a rummage through my 'yet to be cleaned' pile of stuff from this dump, thinking I had retrieved anything unusual or awesome. I thought it was a pile of bits of ammo can, sten gun parts and rusty tin cans. However, It wasn't.

I found these two bits in amongst them so they've had a bit of a clean. One of them is obviously a rear sight off something, but not sure what. The other item I have seen before but I just can't place the damn thing !

Anyone help ?

That looks just like that rear site off a .30 cal !!! omg, sweet find. Epic GZ ...

?

At first i thouight the round object was the magazine release catch for the Bren, but im not so sure now, but it looks so familiar , its annoying the hell out of me,

I dont think the item on the left is a sight, it dosnt match any of my Brownings and it just dosnt appear right for a sight. If it was a micrometer type sight I would have expected some other parts with it, and it would be a little more substancial. The item on the right I should know, I'm sure its a thumb catch, the circular part locks over a boss and the other end is the thumb press, on the back is a hole for the spring, its defo not from a Bren.

?

I thought the item left was a slide sight from the Canadian no4, the graduations are both sides and the slide catch moves up/down, it was a very simple set up

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast