Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

RRPG dig - British Army Dump - 10th September 2011

Article about: The two items that you thought were trigger guages, on the photo of the Vickers, just below the traversing platform and to the front, there is a very similar looking piece except for the rou

Default Re: RRPG dig - British Army Dump - 10th September 2011

I think you must be refering to the Mk3 sight for the No.4, these were simple stampings folded at each side and a fold at the rear to make a battle sight. The relic appears to be machined in 2 parts and is slightly heavier in material.

Well, with thanks to the guys on BOCN, we have an ID on the thumb catch, and a strange item it turned out to be !!!

It is the thumb release from the top part of a tripod from a HOTCHKISS MG !

Pics below. Not an exact match but pretty damn close !

Steve T

Gosh!!
    Never seen this type of Hotchkiss!Any infos on this one ,Steve??(at least,for once,this so ugly weapon looks a bit futuristic,just as if Dr Spock had designed it,hahahah!)

Reg
    ?

Only just found this thread, amazing stuff coming up gents, nice one! hotchkiss part ? Ww1 Tank poss?
    Cheers
    Reg

Reg
    ?

I've got a pic somewhere of tank crews training in ww1 on a range using that type of Hotchkis on a tripod, might take me a day or so to post it, but that's my best guess as to it's origin.
    Reg

hello all, I just found a great online booklet on the M1917 Water-cooled browning. Shows some excellent pictures. Also this little gem just I'd a big piece from my un-I'd pile. Its the big piece that holds the trigger, its called the "lock frame group"

http://browningmgs.com/Manuals/Free/...deEasy_150.pdf

Enjoy

Check this one Steve, its shows those Lub oil cans you found. Page 21. This also shows my newly ID part in this one too... (C1982 frame lock assembly)

http://browningmgs.com/Manuals/Free/..._early_150.pdf

Enjoy

Mouse

Very nice Dm Thanks for sharing.

oh... and it might just be me, but a lot of the cleaning brushes we find there, are actually part of the hand of a Vickers. The two part handle, each grip is hollow and has a brush in grease/oil attached to a screw-top lid. I only just found that out I'm pretty sure most of us has found one of these there.

No probs.

The frame lock assy is common to all the .30 cal guns, I can take a photo of it in situe with the barrel extension etc if you want.

I also ID one of my unknown items, as soon as I cleaned it up some, it became obvious as to what it was. I still need to clean the rest of the items up but its tough going!

Heres some of my finds, top row shows Mk5 Safety STEN cocking handle (used on all STEN guns), MkIV cocking handle used on Mks 1*, 2, 3 STEN, Mk1 cocking handle used on Mk1 and 1* STEN, 2 1917A1 ammo chest catches, I tossed dozens back because I didnt recognise them. Next row shows a SMLE butt plate in nice condition and will be fitted to a relic SMLE I have. Next to that is a Bren gas cylinder carbon defouling tool, below that is a Vickers gun sight, below that is a Vickers trigger and next to that is a partial Bren Mk1 back sight.

1917A1 Ammo chest mounted on my 1917A1 Tripod with a 1919A4 (Cant find a .30 1917A1 as yet)

Bren mk1 rear sight

Relic Lee Enfield Mk3

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast