Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

RRPG dig - British army dump - 21st October 2012

Article about: Hi all Well, a very successful trip to the British army dump at the weekend. Some great finds made by all, one within 5 minutes of starting digging !!! As usual for this site, lots and lots

Default Re: RRPG dig - British army dump - 21st October 2012

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post

(Left) Japan Arisaka bayonet model of 1897 used with Arisaka rifle 6.5mm. Like Steves handle posted previously two rivets hold the pommel in place.

(Right) Norway. Norwegian Krag Jorgensen bayonet of 1894 rifle was 6.5mm, notice the remains of the locking bar.

Attachment 417925

Krag Jorgensen M94 section showing locking mech.

Attachment 417928

Thanks for looking.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Some great finds! I wonder why on earth there was a Norwegian Krag bayonet in there though?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

You posted a pic of some "sling parts" and some you weren't sure about. I took the liberty of inverting the items I think you meant and copied them under your originals (arrowed), and to me they look like picture hangers. I've got smaller versions of these out in the garage, which is why they looked familiar.

?

The "hooked" items are used on the US leather M1907 sling for the M1903 rifle and similar, also used with the .303 No.4T.

Quote by TonyE View Post
    The bolt is obviously from a .22 Rimfire rifle, but I don't recognise it as any specific type. It is not from a War Office Miniature Rifle but there were so many types taken into service over the years like the Mossbergs and others I am not familiar with them all.
    Thanks Tony. Shame it can't be narrowed to a specific weapon but good to know it is a .22 as I thought.

Quote by TonyE View Post
    The cleaning rod is the standard issue type for Webleys. the length will determine which mark it is. (BTW, a pull-through is the cord with a weight on one end that is used in rifles)
    Great I'll measure it. I have two of these now, one with a much larger ring and this one.

Quote by TonyE View Post
    (BTW, a pull-through is the cord with a weight on one end that is used in rifles)
    Always pleased to have the correct terminology. Many thanks for the correction

Cheers

Steve T

Steve. the bolt is from a Winchester 67 .22 single shot.

Not so sure now!

Quote by Paul B View Post
    The "hooked" items are used on the US leather M1907 sling for the M1903 rifle and similar, also used with the .303 No.4T.
    Bang on mate. This is the correct sling for the 1903, 1903A3, P17 or M1 Garand rifles as well. The buckle on the bottom right looks like a Kerr 'Nobukl' type that was fitted to the M1917, 1903 and also the Thompson SMG.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Not so sure now!
    I think you're right it being Winchester, I used to have an old Cooey single shot with a bolt just like this one as near dammit. Maybe it's from the model 1900 type?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks PB and BN

Yes BN, they are the 'Nobuckl' ones with that clearly marked on them. I have found nearly 200 of these now, the first ones back in January

So pleased with the finds from this trip that I've added a new cupboard to the War Room

A little display case admittedly, but an addition all the same. Fingers crossed the wife doesn't spot it for a few weeks It can then be deemed 'permanent'

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast