Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

RRPG dig - New RAF base dump

Article about: Hi all Almost a year ago now I managed to track down the location of an RAF base dump. I also managed to track the prospective landowner down, (the land was owned by a developer and was in t

LOL! Cool I love ambiguity

Ambiguity? Doesn't that mean that you can dig with your left hand as well as your right?

Quote by Richard_J View Post
    Steve, is that bolt left hand thread? the notches on the flats would normally denote this.
    I always thought that the notches were there to facilitate wire locking........?

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    I always thought that the notches were there to facilitate wire locking........?
    Close tolerance bolts have a groove cut around the head. Wire locking requires a hole to feed the wire through. These are usually through the bolt head.

?

Hold up kimo sabi, both the brown jug and the candle holder came out of my hole which I left(temporarily) to help A certain person clear his spoil away as he had dug another gravel pit and also my back was killing me, then a certain poacher ( no names no pack drill) jumped in when he got bored with his hole and started digging mine, admittedly he found the pieces in my hole and I was gracious enough to LET HIM pick which one he wanted, I thought the brown jug matched his eyes so it was a good choice, the candle holder was too prissy for him so it now rests in my wife's glass cabinet, and mighty pleased she was, I think he's just gutted that he broke a very nice shaving brush, which really made us laugh in between his swearing and mumblings

I took the broken shaving brush home. I'll display it with my broken razor and my 'Palmolive' shaving cream tube. In fact, I reckon I could make up a nice little 'domestic' display with my 'Brylcreem' bottle, 'Dr West's Miracle Tuft' toothbrush and 'Ipana' toothpaste tube.

You know the rules. Leave your hole and take your equipment with you means you've FINISHED digging there. So shaddap moaning. Think yourself lucky I let you take the candlestick!!! Git.

Now, stop yacking on and post some pictures of YOUR finds please. There were other people there besides me for heaven's sake!

I haven't photographed all of our marked broken pottery, as one broken plate looks very much like another!
    However, this kiddies plate (produced 1925-1940) is by quiet a famous illustrator. Mabel Lucie Attwell.

Flare cap cleaned in lemon juice! (was experimenting!)

I've not had time to clean up my possible best find, so you will all have to wait for it!

I'll get Elaine to post her bits up!

?

Cool

My favourite finds of the day (Well, they would be wouldn't they........ being kitchenware! Women, don't ya just love us?)

Air Ministry and NAAFI marked spoons.

E.

P.S Don't blame me for the crap pix, him above took them!

I love that kids plate bit

I also love the lens shadow. Great photography.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast