Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011

Article about: by Steve T No idea what this is. Anyone help ? Attachment 221962 .. Looks like the bottom of on old cycle parafin lamp, the hole in the middle is where the wick would be Hangarman

Default Re: RRPG Group dig - British Army Dump - July 2011

Quote by Steve T View Post

No idea what this is. Anyone help ?

Attachment 221962

Looks like the bottom of on old cycle parafin lamp, the hole in the middle is where the wick would be

Hangarman

?

Those are really astonishing finds! Especially the 2cm Flak magazines. Did they ever test German guns out there?

Quote by Bart View Post
    Those are really astonishing finds! Especially the 2cm Flak magazines. Did they ever test German guns out there?
    Thanks Bart As far as we know they weren't testing the guns. We think the flak mags may have been compatible with the Oerlikon cannons used by the British army. These mags may have been brought back to be tested on such guns, rather than the German weapon itself being tested.

Mind you, wouldn't it be great if we dig up a 20mm flak gun next time we go

Steve T

?

For gawds sake dont put ideas into mouses head, can you imagine it, theres him walking along and he trips over the barrel, how much could one person take.!!!!!

ha ha ha... well, you know if anyones gonnna find one, you know who it will be... well, me or Steve that is

I've just got back and the description of Dan being in a state of alcoholic intoxication was accurate.

Steve T

PS Although at least he didn't fall over in the mud and throw a whole pint of beer into his face whilst doing so, unlike 381st
    Sams still giggling over that.

Quote by dangermouse View Post
    Ha ha ha, yeah I did love him telling us that! Was great having Andy's company throughout most of the show and evenings and was great to meet his lovely G/F Sam. John and I both commented on what a great couple you two made, even if he don't know bugger all about safety vanes and thinks that Photoshop was made in 1940 "what a w******"

Great show, very drunk, all three of us suffered the next day... but well worth it.
    I was really pleased to be able to get down there for the whole show and spend some drinking time with the 3 of you it was great fun.

Only one question. Sam and i make a great couple of what??? Ha

Thought you'd seen all the finds?

Wrong ! I am still cleaning stuff, and LUCKYSTRIKE still hasn't posted any of his finds. COME ON LS !!!! Post your stuff !!!

Anyway, I was cleaning stuff again tonight, all picked up at the same dig

Here we go.....

First up some items that need IDing.

Not sure what this is but, given where it was found, it must have something to do with a firearm. Measures about 5 inches in length.

Two more items that I am unsure of. The top one looks like either a locking handle from a Vickers tripod, or possibly a Bren carry handle. No idea what the other item is

Found a huge pile of these........end pieces from webbing/sling straps. Also found a few more Kerr sling bits.

A pull through, (Vickers ?), what looks like either a Vickers water pipe or possibly a bit of plumbing from the bathroom sink, ( ), and a handle of some sorts.

Close up of the Vickers pull through. WD arrow and what looks like 'ENET'.

Last but not least a trigger gauge and an LE butt-stock ID disc. What makes this disc a little special is what I found on the other side....

.....RAF 610 Sqd !!!!!!! These guys flew out of Biggin Hill and Hawkinge during the Battle Of Britain flying Spitfires. Quite a squadron !!! I am SO PLEASED with this little find from the site

That's it for now, apart from to say;

POST YOUR FINDS LUCKYSTRIKE !!!!!

Steve T

?

Not sure what this is but, given where it was found, it must have something to do with a firearm. Measures about 5 inches in length.

Top of a 100rd Bren drum magazine.

Two more items that I am unsure of. The top one looks like either a locking handle from a Vickers tripod, or possibly a Bren carry handle. No idea what the other item is

The "other item" is a loading crank handle for the above 100rd Bren drum magazine.

All the best,
    PB

Hi Steve, The first photo shows an item I should know but cant place it right now, the second shows a Vickers cross pin for mounting the gun to the tripod and the bit underneath it is a Bren 100round drum winder (Someone else posted a photo of some others a few pages back) The pull throgh is a Cleaning rod from a Vickers or Bren chest. The Lee Enfield stock disk is very nice with the RAF markings, the back shows the WD crows foot, very nice.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast