Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Schnee Eiffel (28 t/m 30 December 2009)

Article about: Happy New Year! A week ago I was digging with fellow forum user Warhunter in the snow of the Schnee Eiffel in Germany. Greetz, Kaj

Default Schnee Eiffel (28 t/m 30 December 2009)

Happy New Year!

A week ago I was digging with fellow forum user Warhunter in the snow of the Schnee Eiffel in Germany.

Greetz,

Kaj
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schnee Eiffel (28 t/m 30 December 2009)   Schnee Eiffel (28 t/m 30 December 2009)  

Schnee Eiffel (28 t/m 30 December 2009)   Schnee Eiffel (28 t/m 30 December 2009)  

Schnee Eiffel (28 t/m 30 December 2009)   Schnee Eiffel (28 t/m 30 December 2009)  

Default Re: Schnee Eiffel (28 t/m 30 December 2009)

The MG barrel was a nice find.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Adrian. It was found by Warhunter (lucky bastard)..

Nice finds. The spare MG barrel is a beauty.

Steve T

Is that a helmet in the third pic down on the left? Also I can't make out the pic next to it. I'm not getting old but my eyes sure are. Thanks for posting. Good luck searching. John

Wink Re: Schnee Eiffel (28 t/m 30 December 2009)

Nice,

did you diging near Town Prüm?

The barrel is from MG42 in cal. 8x57IS, I see also cal. 50BMG cartouches and the blade of a german spade.

Joe

?

nice digging trip!

...please be very carefull in germany with such things like barrels, receivers of weapons, pistolgrips and live ammo.

This stuff is here classified as important weapons parts and life rounds or even bullets with hardcore, tracer, phosphorus and so on will fall under the war weapon law (Kriegswaffenkontrollgesetz) and if you guys got controlled and investigated by the Police or an forest ranger, you will become in realy big and very expensive troubel and your mine detectors will be confiscated.

Joe

Quote by johnhmcgary View Post
    Is that a helmet in the third pic down on the left? Also I can't make out the pic next to it. I'm not getting old but my eyes sure are. Thanks for posting. Good luck searching. John
    No its not a helmet. Its the opening of a German shelter, which you can see on the next picture from the inside.

@ Sturmgewehr44
    The relics where found exactly on the German-Belgium border in the vicinity of Rocherath.

did you check near the barrel? were there any 'lumps' in the ground nearby? they could indicate shell craters and may have something underneath them.

Luke

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast